Monday, January 13, 2014

Welcome to the world Lexi!


Oh my goodness, was I so excited to know I am an aunt again! Don't worry I was freaking out all day Friday (and apparently for the wrong reason because she came Saturday!) but I was still just so excited about it! I was disappointed to open my email and NOT SEE A PICTURE! But I am assured by mom at the moment that it will be here within minutes! GOOD! Cause I have been talking about it all week! =)
this week was really hard for me. I missed home a lot! I definitely was struggling but I am doing a lot better today. haha. =) I never realized how much I miss you all until I got out here and it totally sucks sometimes. But I am usually better when I am in a lesson or something so that helps a lot. Just pray that I have lots of lessons so I can stay happier. haha. =) And of course I feel better when I am talking. . . cause hello I feel like I talk like a mad woman! =) So I think my comp could kind of tell when I was down cause I was quiet. haha. Which is abnormal of course. =) But I am doing better! Reading emails and getting letters helps a lot. I now feel lots better about life. haha.
Well, this week was pretty grand besides the homesickness! =)
We accomplished a LOT!
Last week we ate at Ricks philly cheesesteak shop on Pday! haha. Oh man dad would have been in heaven. It was really great actually! =) Very delicious. Then it was hilarious. . that night we decided we would make these brownies a ward member had given us. She had given us each our own individual mix with an iron skillet, super cute! Anyways we were going to make them on New years but didn't wake up so we decided we should make them. We totally made them and they were so NASTY!! I don't even know how to explain them at all! haha. So disgusting. . ugh! Anyways Hna. Johnson was like seriously thesea re so gross. So then she was like we should call the elders and take tehm up on their offer for a brownie mix. So she calls the Dl's and is like "We NEED brownies!!" Oh my goodness. . so hilarious! I about died for twenty minutes laughing. She said it so seriously. No joke the DL's were there within five minutes. haha. Their faces were priceless too. Then they forgot our cake pan they had borrowed and she was like "where's the cake pan!?" and then they had to run back and get that too. But I think they all thought we were on our periods or something cause they were like are you okay. . haha. So hilarious! Really we just wanted chocolate. =)
And all the HErmanas think I have the biggest candy stash ever! (Thanks fam!) THey are like you must really like skittles. haha. Yep, I do! Tons of skittle and other delicious treats. We definitely eat my candy a lot so feel free to keep it coming! ;)
This week we went to talk to Adriana who is our investigator with a baptismal date for the 24 of feb. But she wasn't home so we got into a really intense discussion with her husband about life and what not. It was really intense. Somehow Satan was brought up and it was a good thing we had our ward member there cause I felt bad cause I was SO SO lost. ahha. my poor comp, sometimes she just has to teach lessons by herself cause I am like "well I have no idea what's happening" and my face probably says that too. haha. ;) Good times. But we are trying to teach both of them together this week sometime so hopefully they won't avoid us like yesterday.
Tuesday night we ate dinner with Angel and Judith! (we actually ate with the a LOT this week! they cook good so I don't mind!) We had some chicken with rice and it was delicious. But this night we decided to teach them the Resto. Angel is a Menos activo and Judith is a non member. So we decided to teach this again. Anyways it was SO SO great! I gave basically the whole discussion. It was awesome. And Guadelupe, Judith's mom's friend was there. And she was eating it up. She was so interested! =) So I think we have ourselves a new investigator. =) But I had the chance to do the whole memorized version of the first vision in Spanish "vi una columna de luz mas brilliante que el sol. . . ." =) It was really great. And the spirit was so strong. And it was neat because this week they ALL were reading in the BOM and saying prayers and stuff. It was a great lesson. A true miracle.
Wednesday was pretty great. We had English class again! Which is still so hilarious to me but it is really nice. Gets the investigators in the church without them feeling pressured or anything. But we had a really frustrating lesson with Estaban after this. haha. We sat down and were talking about the resto and what not. Then we were like once you find out it is true will you be baptized. And he was like so offended. haha. whoops! But it was good. He was just basically like I am not going to pray about it because I believe it is good and what not. And he basically was just telling us he wanted to learn more about god so that is why he is listening to us and he like the different aspects of views and what not. So it is really interesting. He is reading in the BOM though so we are hoping this will soften his heart. And he wants to hear all the lessons so we are trying to see where this is going. Especially because he seems so ready. Anyways just frustrating but it will come. He seems golden. . haha.
Wednesday we had our usual lunch with Abuelita. It was pretty delicious. The funny part was the elders totally spaced so they had to eat TWO HUGE lunches. And then abuelita made them eat seconds. haha. It was hilarious. Elder Jones' was dying. It was so much food. Good times, treats them right for forgetting Abuelita's lunch! haha. =)
This day we tried to go to the library so I could do some training stuff. Anyways we went to the library but it was super full and then we went to Abuelitas and decided to go to the library after. So we go to the library after and there is like fire trucks and what not there. I guess a pipe broke and flooded the library! It had like 6 inches of standing water!! CRAZY! they lost thousands of books. . don't worry Hermana Nord thought I was going to have a break down in the car because the lose of books. haha. My face was so sad. haha. But we just came to the library we normally come to anyways and I did my Spanish assessment and what not here. It was pretty good and I knew a lot more Spanish than I thought  so that was wonderful! =)
And this day I shared the message at Abuelita's and Elder JOnes afterwards was like you have really good pronunciation. That's right people, take that Collin! My pronunciation is going to definitely beat yours! ;) I am rocking the Mexican accent. haha.
This day we also had an investigator tell us straight out she wasn't interestedand was just listening out of respect to her dad. So that sucked but in reality is ten times better because I would rather spend my time teaching those who are prepared to hear the message! So it was a bummer but great news too! Especially since we have been praying about finding who oif all our investigators is ready. So that was an answer to our prayers. =)
Thursday I don't know what was up I just was having the worst day ever! haha. It was totally sucky and I was just in a horrible attitude. And there was no way I wanted to exercise or any of that jazz. haha. We went to an member's home for lunch and had this like Chinese food. it was interesting but good. And I was just super bummed out all day. But that morning cause I knew we were eating at Angel y Judith's (every Tuesday and Thursday). I was thinking I really want their taquitos. And yes, heavenly father totally answered my prayers and it was taquitos and I was in heaven! My mood drastically improved. haha. I don't know what it is about visiting them but my mood is always ten timesbetter! =) That helped get me out of my funk and then I got a letter from Katie Hoggan so that made my day too! haha. =) I was definitely in better spirits.
Friday we had our first zone conference, well my first zone conference and it was all about our vision for the mission and what not. Especially because our mission is brand new! it has only been working for 6 months. So our mission president expects a lot. I think they had like 236 baptisms last year and what not. Anyways it was all about our vision and it was a pretty good meeting and what not, kind of boring. Except the testimonies from all those who were leaving was freaking sweet! I LOVED that part! The other Hermanas agreed it wasn't the best meeting ever but wasn't horrible either. It was all about the vision for the mission. The mission president gave us a paper with where he wants us to be and to choose what we as a companionship felt in our area we should strive for. And it was good to know in over half the columns we were where he wants us to be but the ones that really are important we weren't really close. So we are hoping to improve in getting investigators at church and what not. But it was good to see where we were at and where we should be heading! =)
I also got a package! Cuca's Christmas package arrived here! =) Wahoo! It had been at the mission offices for a while! But it was awesome! And I already am eating the Capt. Crunch. ;) Delicious! And the lotion smells really really good! ;)
I really am the best smelling missionary. . haha. and dressed. What can I say. I am just awesome! =) =)
Saturday we had TONS of success. We taught so many lessons! It was a great day. Angel y Judith fed us yet again! This week we helped them take down Crhistmas stuff on Thrusday and she was going to teach us how to make tres de leche but we ran out of time so we came back today and she taught us. And whenever you visit a Spanish person they must cook for you. So we had food, yet again at Angel y judiths.  =) But we learned to make tres de leche!! DELICIOUS! =) it was really good. Yep, definitely have to make it for you when I get back. And it isn't runny like the ones from Costa Vida and what not. So it was definitely a true Mexican tres de leche! After we visited with Angel y Judith though we were in the car and Hermana Nord just blantantly said "Hermana Gray, I really think you are a miracle for this area because Angel has never been keeping commitments or been able to stop drinking (he's been alcohol free for 2 weeks!) my whole mission. I think it is because of you. He really has been changing a lot with you in this area". So that was super nice of ther to say! I really hope it is because I am here that I can help others find the truth and what not. =) He calls me his "rubia" (I Think that's how it's spelled?!) But it's his blondie. haha. Everyone is obsessed with my blonde hair. Especially random people on the streets. Apparently I have also upped the cat calls in Hermana Nord's opinion. I think it's hilarious. But all the Spanish have been obsessed with the blonde hair. =)
yesterday was great! Had the chance to be in primary again with the little tykes. I seriously learn so much in primary! haha. =) It keeps you thinking in the simplest of terms too! Which is all you need to do as a missionary! =)
We also visited Minerva who is an investigator who speaks SO SO fast! I get so lost. But it was hilarious half way through hna. Nord is like I need to explain in English and Minerva felt so bad. But it really isn't a big deal. Then they keep having a conversation. And Minerva just stops and is like Hermana Gray say whatever you are thinking even if it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. So I just talked about fe and what not. It was really interesting but hilarious. =) She was like just talk. It is hard as a newbie to talk especially when you have NO IDEA what is happening during the lesson. The lessons where thye talk fast I tend to be quiet. . haha. Really I should just say whatever's on my mind because they listen to me because I take a while to say my thoughts and they don't interrupt me because I am learning the language. And they feel like it's rude so I tend to have more influence sometimes on a lesson.
Well, I love you family, Hope you all have a great week! I love to hear all about your lives! Katelyn I especially loved the Bachelor feedback! It was so stinking HILARIOUS! I about died laughing. You and your mama crack me up! Thanks for the play by play though! Thanks for all the sweet emails! WELCOME TO THE WORLD LEXI! =)
Love you family,
Hermana Gray
Be safe! And remember who you are and where you came from!

The view from my apartment, reminds me of home.




Our Tres de Leche

No comments:

Post a Comment