Friday, March 7, 2014

Snow Day, sorry for the late email

Well, as you just saw. .. yesterday was a SNOW DAY!!! Bummer, utter bummer because we had SO much things planned to do and we didnt' have time to do anything before all cars were grounded. I did catch up on writing letters though. . okay not all the way. . . writing can get a little boring. haha. Especially cause I figure half of you will get this email now and won't get the same things I will say in my letters until Thursday! haha. But esta bien. . .
Well this past week was just CRAZY! I will just start out by saying it was so fast because we are so busy. Seriously we were panicking a little bit about emailing because we are SO BUSY this week. .
okay this past week. . let's start with last Prep day. It was so FUN! We went down to Colonial Williamsburg and toured a little bit. Okay really we just walked around and took pictures and stuff. We ate at the cheese shop, which was HEAVEN (and yes tiff, I did look for a cheese ball holder and NO I couldn't find one!!! What is with this. . still owe you one by the way. ;) ). Anyways since it was half way for Hermana nord she CHOPPED her hair! It was so crazy! But I LOVE it lots. I like her a lot with short hair. I think she looks wonderful. She had a little freak out just after it was done though. It was a LOT shorter then she was expecting. So she panicked. haha. But it looks real cute and her hair grows super fast.
But as we were touring colonial Williamsburg we went into a church that Thomas Jefferson belonged too. And it had like where he sat and stuff. And it seriously gave me the creeps. . .I was walking in and we all just felt the spirit leave so quickly. It was really scary for me to feel the spirit just go so quickly. We looked in there for like two minutes then left cause we were all weirded out. But it was such a great confirmation to me that we have the true church on the earth! It was a great reminder to recognize the difference of when you have the spirit and when you don't. It is a little weird to tell now because I feel constantly with the spirit. So it was weird to have it leave for a minute.
This past week was just crazy though. Monday we went to Miriam and Jesus and Natasha's home and had an FHE. But to start out they were like Hermana's we have a surprise for you. . okay. Jesus goes into the kitchen (I Know you are thinking some delicious dessert/food is coming but it's not) and he pulls out a MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE!!!!! Such a miracle!
He told us he called the place, the ONE lady who spoke Spanish happened to be working. Said that if they could get down there she'd give them a certificate even though they didn't have everything they needed. So they went and got one. =)
Oh my goodness we FREAKED OUT. anyways he was like we are going to try to get married as soon as possible so that Miriam can be baptized. So we are like congrats! Then they asked us to be WITNESSES! So cute. and adorable. I love them so much.
Then the next day as we are driving to one of our appointments we were talking and just like "it's kind of a bummer that they can't get baptized the same day (Miriam and Natasha) unless Natasha pushes her baptism back again. . then we were like if they could get married tomorrow they'd be living the law of chastity for a week and a half". . "we should call Pres. Baker and just see what he says". So we did. . and he said "it is such a great leap of faith for them to even get married that I am willing to approve it if they can get married before her interview on Friday and live it for one week!" OH MY GOODNESS!!! we FREAKED out in the car. No joke we did a complete freak out. haha. So we then talked to them and they were like if you can find someone who can marry us we will do it. =)
So we talked to President Chamberlin and he was trying to get his paperwork all done so he could do it. Anyways went to the courthouse, that SAME lady was the one he talked too. She is going to take the missionary discussions by the way. . thought that was neat. She thought it was a neat church. ;) Anyways he gets his paperwork done and they get married that night!!! =)
It was just us and them and president chamberlina nd his wife. It was so cute. We made them a cute wedding cake because they didn't want to do anything too big. So we surprised them with cake and ice cream. =)
So they are married and Miriam and Natasha are both being baptized on Saturday night! Along with Esteban! =)
Miriam also gave the sweetest testimony this week. We watched Finding faith in Christ with them and she was seriously so sweet and sincere. She was like "hermana's Christ did so much for us and I dont' understand why we can't all just fight for Christ in this world. He just wants us to do simple things like read the scriptures and pray. . I can't read well but I know it is important to read the scriptures so I do it because it is a commandment".
Esteban had his interview and all is well and he is just ready to join the church. =) He is amazing. He really makes us laugh all the time. He is getting baptized also on Saturday night and it really will be an occasion. And something truly crazy. . this area the frist time they had a baptism since two years ago was this past august with 2 people being baptized. And this year after Saturday there should be 4 baptisms already this year! How incredible to see the Lord hastening the work in this area and the people truly prepared to hear the message of the restoration. =)
I also got some super amazing packages this week! Thanks everyone! And Allie cat. . those figurines of us are the BEST! the hermana's all loved them and seriously we had a grand ole time with them. haha. we think they are amazing though. =)
Really this week was just crazy busy though. We just really didn't have too much time to visit any one and make progression with anyone. . Just those who are being baptized.
The Elders had one of their investigators invite us to a baby shower. . they are so stinking nice. Anyways we are at this baby shower and we are just talking to people and stuff and receiving contacts. So we are playing baby shower games. The elders have to do the chug the baby bottle contest. It truly was hilarious. So then Hermana Nord and I are chosen to do the feed your partner the baby food. (because Sahleen and Johnson wimped out, CHICKENS!!). So we are doing it. Hermana Nord decides to eat and I am feeding. Anyways we are playing and then Hermana Nord laughs with baby food all in her mouth (the other hermana's are making us laugh) but the food spray goes directly into my face! haha. I about died laughing for a good 5 minutes. I almost peed my pants. Then the best part was only the americans knew what was happening because no one else saw. So it was even more funny. I was laughing so hard. Hermana Nord felt HORRIBLE though. I was seriously just laughing though. It isn't like she meant to do it at all. I am super bummed though cause the other hermana's didn't get a picture of it. :( It was really fun though. The baby shower was good and we met a family that we are going to try to visit this week! =)
Sunday was pretty good. We had to do weekly planning because we hadn't done it yet. Then the Hamilton's let us watch the CES fireside at their home! =)
It was super great! Linda K. Burton is amazing and has such a spirit about her! I thought it was interesting how much they incorporated technology into the meeting. And her talk was really great.
I loved her 9 suggestions to help recognize the spirit and promptings in our lives:
1. sincere and humble prayer
2. act PROMPTLY on spiritual impressions (the video they showed with this was the best. The one with pres. monson not going to the hospital in time. . oh a tear jerker)
3. search the scriptures daily
4. live the law of fast
5. be WORTHY and WORSHIP in the temple
6. triful not with sacred thigns
7. be prepared! Move forward with faith!
8. Let the Lord decide the details; time and where
9. Heed the prophetic warnings

This talk was so wonderful though! She did an excellent job and if you didn't see it go and watch it now! I loved the quote "Worthiness is a small price to pay to open the windows of heaven!" =) Such a great talk.
They also came out with a new Mormon message (sidenote. . I saw Jeshua in a youth video and was like what the!! I know him! anyways back to the point) there is a new Mormon message with uchtdorf's stop it talk. It was SO good. It is like 10 minutes or something but it is all about the things in this world and how we need to better ourselves. Such a great video. They did a wonderful job! =) I was really impressed with it! =)
Well I love you all so much!!
Have a wonderful week! This week will be crazy and we will definitely have some incredible pictures for you next week! Keep them in your prayers! =)
I love you. .
Hermana Gray

P.s. I forgot to tell you: we are doing exchanges with the Sister Training leaders today. I am staying in the area which means I have to do ALL the lessons in Spanish by myself today. . AHHHHHH!!! Don't worry I bawled for a good 40 minutes this morning. I am a little panicked. I know I will survive but it is still really freaky. haha. Anyways. . . wish me luck. In about twenty minutes I will be giving my first lesson all by myself. =/ haha.

Love you all have a great week! Be safe!



Love you mom =)




Nasty Milk....gross

Mango Salsa








Wedding







No comments:

Post a Comment