Monday, October 20, 2014

Cel-e-brate good times come on!! =)

I have officially left my Youth!
I am now joining the ranks of an oldy... yes, I am 20!!
This week was SO full of miracles!
First off I want to thank all of you who wished me a happy birthday! I know that it was so great to hear from all of you and receive so many kind letters and packages of love! I hope you all enjoyed some DP in honor of my turning older. And ate some cake and Ice cream... because I am STUFFED of bad stuff this week!
I was lucky enough to wake up to a beautiful room decorated to the RIM! It was so great, Balloons EVERYWHERE hilarious writings on them. And my desk was covered in all my presents from people.. packages awaiting to be opened. It was excellent! I was opening presents for a good while! You SPOILED me! I was full of so much love! And all the new wardrobe ROCKS! I am one styling missionary! I have been dreading having to wear my 'old' stuff again. haha. ;)
I ate cake for breakfast. . and drank some dr. pepper. Then I was dressed in my fancy new gear. We did studies and just had basically a normal day. haha. Planned for the week, during planning there was a knock on the door so we go down and there is this old lady standing there with flowers!! THANK YOU SISTER WOOLSTON!!! That was so kind! It made my day! Then I just saw so many other little kind acts throughout the day! We cleaned an older couples car in the ward to make it a little different than just a normal day of proselyting. . gave some service! We also had the chance to vacuum our car, which was needed.
Afterwards we went to dinner....
so I walk in and don't make any comment about what is on the counter, cause I am not sure if it is what I think it is. So Hermana Johnson and I go to put our bags down and I just say... "I think that is lemon pasta chicken" Hna. Johnson "cool." (she has no idea what that means... haha). So we are sitting down eating, and it is! Then Sister Maher was like.. "I am trying this new recipe I hope you like it." And Brother Kelly who was there was like "I think it is from Utah.. right?". Then sister maher asked if I recognized it and I just smiled and said, "it's my mom's lemon pasta chicken recipe!". They are the BEST! They made that for dinner and got mint choc chip ice cream for dessert and some skor bars. It was SO NICE!!! I was really composed, then we walked out to the car after dinner and I was bawling. haha. I was so TOUCHED and HAPPY that I was over come with tears. haha. So that was definitely a top to the birthday. Sweet Hermana Harrison set it all up before she got transferred and then Hermana Johnson was sure they also knew it was my birthday! So kind!
This week we had a TON of miracles though! Such a week full of finding. We had a total of FOURTEEN new investigators this week... which was un heard of! Our zone reached a total of 25 new investigators for the week... which was the highest it has ever reached! And we were over half of it. We are just seeing so many Hispanic people prepared to hear the gospel in this area. Now if we can get them all progressing here soon. . that would be excellent! ;)
We had English class on Wednesday, it was super fun! and hilarious. I loved helping them count to 100 (it had been their homework the week before). But after class Juan Carlos, says 'teacher, wait we have something for you.' and he goes and pulls out a cheesecake from the fridge! haha. He was like 'happy birthday!'. I just love English class.... they are the greatest! I almost started crying. haha. =) (shocker right?!?)
This week we had a really great lesson with Eduardo on Sunday. We taught about the book of Mormon and just read with them. He has been trying to progress and read, but doesn't understand so he gets frustrated and stops. He is super wonderful though! I see him getting baptized soon. He is waiting on his answer.
We had exchanges this week! Which was so fun! I guess Hermana Johnson taught him a lesson though on exchanges and he had a friend there and he was defending us. haha. So go him! ;) He always is inviting his friends too. He has helped us get many new investigators.
Exchanges are always so wonderful! I love them, oddly enough. Most people do not like them at all. But I always have a great time! Sister Griffin and I had a really wonderful time. We met a few really interesting people on walk and talk on Saturday. This group of guys was trying to get a lawn mower in the back of a truck... lets just say it was pretty hilarious. Lots of cursing. ;) They made me laugh though. Then of course we realize we are walking in like 'gang' areas.... so we decide we should probably choose a different seat.
We did meet Pedro and Abraham. They are super wonderful! Great guys. We had the chance to talk to them about prayer and we really focused on the love god has for them. I also think it is interesting because Heavenly Father is ALWAYS a part of our lives. We had went to contact an investigator for his return appointment but he wasn't there, but then we had the chance to teach another man who we had talked to a little bit before like the week before. It was just amazing to see how God puts people in the path ways we walk so we can continuously share the gospel.
Well.... this week FLEW! SO much fun! I really had an excellent birthday! I can't believe I am 20! AHHHHH!!!!
yesterday church was excellent, we both were SO EXHAUSTED though that it was a little rough to stay awake. haha. But we survived. Then we went to have dinner with the Seal Family and on the drive back... I am just driving minding my own business, going to Hermana Chinchilla's and Hermana Johnson gives out this Blood-curtling scream... yes, a bunny was about to go in front of our car. Then I was laughing so hard I almost had to pull over. Don't worry... the bunny lived. ;)
We are having so much fun! I can easily envision a small group or branch here soon! We are seeing many many miracles!
This morning we had the chance to go and see the sunrise on the beach yet again. I love all of God's creations.. Especially the ocean. It is so calming to sit and see the beautiful sunrise. I know Heavenly father put so much effort into making everything beautiful. I love it so much!

Most of our investigators are slowly coming around. We hope with this new group of lots of investigators that we can weed out who is truly prepared for the gospel and help them to reach the point of progressing into what Heavenly Father wants them to become! :)

I am so grateful for all of you! You truly made this birthday one to remember... it is weird to think it is already October. Time truly does fly! My mom told me today that I only have 200 days left.... WOW! Where does time go??

I love you all so much! I can't wait to see you in 200 days. ;)
Hope you all have an excellent day and week, go forth with faith!
Remember who you are and where you came from. Don't forget that someone in North Carolina is thinking about you and praying for you! =)
Have a blessed day!
Hermana Gray

p.s. welcome to the South. ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN!!!!!!!!

& MAX!!!

The hole! haha








ps sorry i look sickly in these morning photos.  but i figured clothes would be a part of the packages.






gangster town












No comments:

Post a Comment