Monday, March 9, 2015

One crazy and hectic week!

Hello family!
Wow, this week I don't even know where to start?!?
It has just been jam packed all week of different things and at one point I felt like I was a chicken running around with my head cut off! It was insane.
I truly enjoyed it though.
First of all,
We had such a wonderful time this week preparing Eduardo and Fernando to go to the temple. Sadly the devil is at work all the time.... Eduardo's phone broke and it ended up losing all the information he had on his dad. :( So he just went without a family name. Fernando had the opportunity to do baptisms for his brother though. :)
They both were just glowing with the spirit on sunday! I could see the happiness that they felt there. They were full of peace and love. Fernando was telling us of his experience of how that felt to do baptisms. He said he could just feel people thanking him and hugging him. It was so special to hear their remarks and to feel the spirit radiate off of them. :)
Fernando also drew me the picture of Christ knocking on the door without a handle. So I have an original drawing from Fernando. :) I'll show it to you when I get home. It is really neat in a weird art sort of way. I can't explain it.
This week we also had the chance to go to a baptism in Elizabeth City.
Well first off, Wednesday night we helped out at young women's and did their activity. Hermana Earl taught how to do a facial and we gave them all facials. It was really fun! They all are so hilarious. I laughed really hard. They made me a little jealous too because two of them are playing softball right now and had come from practice. Reminded me of  my softball years. Made me really want to throw a softball too. haha. Please someone throw with me when I get home. That is a side note. :)
But afterwards sister Bruce came with us to a lesson and it was just incredible. We visited Eladio and he had read 7 chapters from the last time we had visited him. Whoot whoot! Then we talked about questions he had from the book of Mormon and from there we talked about the gospel of jesus Christ. We talked about the step of baptism and he was more then willing to be baptized. We chose out the date of April 10th to work towards ( I tried shooting for the 11 or 12 to have a good reason to celebrate extra hard those days. ;) ) but we settled on that date. I think he was a little unsure of that but he agreed to pray about it. Then we invited him to attend the baptism two days later in E. City of the Zone leaders and he said he wanted to go. So then we had to figured out a ride in basically one day of who could drive us to E. City. :)
the Balladare's ended up driving us and it was really good. We had the chance to talk all about life and things and gospel things nad they were just going on and on. It was really great!
the spirit was very strong at the baptism and our investigator was telling the elders (Elder Terrill happened to be one who found him orginially) all about HIS baptismal date on April 10th. elder Terrill was like I will be there. :)
It was a really wonderful experience.
This week we also found a new/former investigator! Julisia, who Hermana Johnson and I were visiting is the wife of Felix. Anyways we went and knocked and she was cooking dinner but let us in and we shared about the plan of salvation a little bit and she was more then willing to have us back in her home and teach her and her family more. :) She has three little boys, adorable boys! 10,8, and 3. Hopefully we can have them all start progressing together. :)
Overall this week was really really good! Crazy, but good. :)
We are just working our little bottoms off here in Nags Head. Spring is just around the corner!
We took a moment yesterday when we were waiting for our ride to our lesson to look at the stars and just ponder. It was so spectacular. I LOVE the stars.
It is incredible to know that there is a superior being who created all of this just for our enjoyment! I love that spring is around the corner, I love this time of year. It makes me feel so wonderful to have the sun just shining down and brightness.
Everyone is happier in the warm! :)

I love yall so much! I can't believe my time here is just dwindling away so quickly! Yall are so wonderful. I am so grateful for the support you have given and are giving me. I know you are blessed as am I for the sacrifices you are making.
Know we have a Heavenly Father who loves us, a Savior and Redeemer who so willingly gave his life for us. Don't forget who you are, where you came from, and where you are going.
This church is true, the gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth again, I am grateful I have the opportunity to share it with those around me each day. This time as a missionary is so cherished.
I love you,
Hermana Gray

Thoughts of President Baker for this week: "Don't worry about being successful, we are going to be successful--there is no doubt about it. The Lord has sent us to earth at the time of harvest. He does not expect us to fail. He has called no one to this work to fail. He expects us to succeed."


I thought he was pretty genius. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment