Monday, March 16, 2015

The case of the missing Nutella

I thought I would be interesting and start my email off in some clever way.. I pondered about it all weekend.. No joke I discussed this with my companion. Then we thought this title was the perfect one. :) But considering the news I got yesterday this doesn't even have any significance to anything important. This was my 'big worry all week'.... and now definitely it is nothing in comparison. =)
But this is how my crazy mind works so here you go:
This past week I have been wondering who in the world has been eating my Nutella because CLEARLY I bought it about three weeks ago and I've been thinking who in the world is eating it along with me?!?! It would slowly be going down and I haven't eaten it in the past week and a half. So I open the lid and literally I can see the bottom! Yes... the BOTTOM of the nutella jar... I had like an inch left in it and now it was GONE! Lame right!?! Anyways... getting to the point nobody claimed it and I was super bugged that someone was just eating my Nutella and not asking. And the funny thing is, is I really didn't care. It was the fact they weren't asking me then all of a sudden it is GONE and they wouldn't' think I notice? haha.
I have my suspicions but I guess we won't find out until we watch the video clips up in Heaven. But all week I was kind of bugged about this. I'd randomly be talking to Hermana Earl about it and we would discuss it. She can verify that it really isn't me eating all that Nutella! She was like, unless you are sleep walking and eating Nutella you don't eat nearly enough to finish it off that quick. haha. So this story is a 'to be continued' story in my life. =)

This week was great mission wise! We had a lot of miracles occur.
We found a new investigator, we were out contacting a former investigator... at least trying to.... and we were in this trailer park. Anyways there was a Hispanic outside gutting a fish and so yeah why not. I approach him. We talked for a good 30 minutes. His name is Manuel. He is from Guatemala and is really nice. He's lived here for about 11 years well only in Manteo for 3 weeks but United states for 11 years. He has taken discussions before and he said he was interested in learning again. =) Whoot whoot! He commited to read from the book of Mormon. It was a good quick lesson we had with him and he seems like a great guy. We do think he might have a drinking problem... haha. We may have gotten a few phone calls from him that were really weird. Guess we will find out. :)

This week we went on exchanges and it was pretty good.
I had the boring side of the exchange. haha. I was the one who tracted and made phone calls to formers, etc. We came across a few interesting people. There was a man outside sitting with no shirt on who was this old guy. It was pretty hilarious. We had a good conversation with him though. He was clearly NOT interested in the gospel but we talked to him about life and what not. He was nice. He does family history work though and that is how he found out about our church.

Okay, now looking back my week really wasn't all that magical. haha. Just boring missionary life. We didn't even really have that much excitement. It wasn't all that bad of a week though. Really calm.

We did get 19 Invite Others on the exchange which was a HUGE jump for us. We have been working hard on that. Our goal as a mission is to get 100 a week.

Family... it was great to talk to you yesterday!
Shocker.... yes.... totally unexpected.... yes! But man is Heavenly Father watching out for our family. He is one who is all seeing and is in control. He is at the head of our lives. This trial is unexpected that's for sure. I can't believe it still. But know I love you all so much.
Mom you are a champion. You are a miracle woman, always have been, always will be. You will kick cancer in the butt! I have no doubt about that.

As you know I talked to the mission president yesterday... a few times actually.
He gave me great advice, he counseled me. It was very touching to talk to him over the phone. As he broke the news to me he started by saying he doesn't understand why we go through some trials that we do here on this earth, but he got a calm feeling while talking to dad on the phone. He said that dad was a strong man. He said that yall seemed to be in good spirits when he talked to you.
After the Skype call, which I was very grateful for! It was nice to see mom as her normal self... I had the worst images coming to mind, hello, 'cancer' doesn't bring the best images... haha. So I was a little panicked. But it was good to see you looking like your healthy self. =)
But afterwards president baker read to me from Doctrine and Covenants section 81. He told me that I was here for a purpose that we are to continue proclaiming the gospel. He told me yall would be blessed as I continue to serve.

My studies today were a little scattered. I wanted to share something significant with you, but I wasn't running into anything outstanding. I said a prayer and as I did I came across a general conference talk from last Aprils general conference. . .
it is titled "fear not; god is with thee" by Jean A. Stevens

As I read, I came across the 'story' in her talk and of course it was about a family facing a cancer battle. haha. Heavenly Father is a funny one. ;)
Their story ends sadly but ours won't! I did like a section though that I wanted to share with you... it says, "The next two months were filled with blessings too numerous to recount. Arn and Venita's faith and trust in the Lord were growing, as evidence in Venita's words, "I was carried. I learned that you can feel peace in the midst of turmoil. I knew the Lord was watching over us. If you trust int eh Lord, truly you can overcome any of life's challenges." One of their daughters added: We watched out parents and saw their example. We saw their faith and how they handled it. I would never have asked for this trial, but I would never give it away. We were surrounded with God's love."


I know that we are facing this trial for a reason. We all know mom is one tough cookie. This woman hasn't been sick for as long as I can remember... and she gets thrown with this! But we all know she is a fighter. And she has the biggest support system in the world! :)
We are facign this for a reason though. I wouldn't ask for this trial any day of the week but I will gladly fight it with all of you. We are faced with this trila to learn and grow together. I know Heavenly Father is watching over us. He is preparing us to grow in ways we cannot imagine.

I am grateful to all of you for continuously caring for my mom. To those ward members who are reaching out to our family, to those praying, bringing meals, sharing kind words of encouragement. I am eternally grateful for you.

Family, know I am being taken care of here. I am in an excellent place with wonderful ward members who are looking out for me. I have a great mission president who wanted to deliver the news in person but was too far away. He cares for each missionary and their families. Sister Baker is also watching out for me. The Maher family is here for me and they are helping, they so willingly took me in last night on such short notice. There are those little angels that God puts in your way that you didn't even know you had until the trials come.


I love you all! I hope you have a great week. Keep me updated.... I would appreciate the quickest updates (aka through the mission president), I love you all. Know I am praying for you.

Hermana Gray

LOVE YOU MAMA!


p.s. for those of you wondering which section.. it is 58 today! =) See you before I know it.




long story short, the pens are Flo and Evo. (Flo is mine, the pink one)  Sister Brakey gave them to us as a gift and we ended up using them as our 'investigators' to practice our lessons on.  haha.












Sister Bowen, our sister training leader leaves this transfer.



No comments:

Post a Comment