Monday, December 30, 2013

Feliz Navidad!


Hola familia y amigos!
Esta muy loco to spend my primero navidad away from la casa. . yes you should love my Spanglish! ;) But seriously Christmas was SO awesome but totally sucked at the same time! haha. It really was great though. And I was SO SO SO happy to talk to you all which is why I totally bawled the whole time! ;)
No joke don't worry my compeneras all made fun of me for it but they did too so no worries! Hermana Nord had the chance to call her family on the 26 because of some family issues so she skyped with them on the 26th and don't worry I bawled through hers too! It was just so wonderful to see all of you and see how happy you are for me. It just is a bummer that I couldn't spend the holidays with all of you. =)
I miss you all!
Anyways Christmas was so so wonderful! I loved it as you know we spent it on base at President Chamberlins home, (and he doesn't know the Mann's but he said he could be the army guy?? we were on the airforce base? ;) ) Anyways it was super fun! they are so sweet and got us all shirts! I will have to take a picture with it and send it to you. A huskies shirt cause it is their favorite team. They seriously are so awesome though! We spent the day eating with them and we played BANG and bananagrams. . yeah totally dominated all the games! They were getting so frustrated it was so hilarious!
Christmas breakfast was definitely different. French toast. . weird! But it was delicious! We opened presents and just loved it! The little fairy I got from the Francoms is still in water and growing! I will have to take a picture and send it to you all! It is huge! =) Las hermanas are a little weirded out by it but I think it is hilarious! ;)
This week it has been definitely hard to get into the swing of things with it being Christmas and all. It was different but great. It is just weird to go to peoples homes and knock on doors and be like "I want to share a message about Christ with you". It is different but awesome! :)
Someone was asking about the weather, it really is way nice! Very sunny. It does get chilly sometimes though, it got to like 30 the other day. But it normally is staying around probably 50's. It is cold but not as cold as Utah. A dress I think makes it way cooler though. haha. ;) I stay warm though! Not too worried and when you teach you are in the homes so it tends to be warm because Spanish people keep their houses at like 300 degrees. haha. ;)
This week was really great though. Oh man a lot of great and wonderful moments as a missionary. I already told you about the crazy post office lady on the phone. She definitely was way hilarious and made being a missionary all that much more difficult to have charity and compassion. But we just laugh it off and get to work! ;)
Christmas Eve we went to Abolitas home. She is INCREDIBLE! this little 85 year old woman who loves to cook for us. That is where we had the nasty stuffing. Tiff was saying that she hopes the food gets better for me and it definitely will. It becomes a lot easier to eat when you know what a sacrifice it is for these sweet little ladies to make you a meal. They don't have much but it is truly humbling that they love to feed the missionaries each week. They felt bad because they had to cancel their normal appointment this week so we had breakfast there this morning. That is where all those waffles come in! Holy Hannah they feed us like CRAZY! We had waffles, eggs, veggies, chicken, and rice. Oh my goodness am I going to get so fat! But they are so sweet and just love you. =) SO I definitely eat all the food especially since I know they are struggling with money and stuff. It is just so humbling.
At the beginning of the week we also went and saw some Christmas lights so that was fun. ;) Sorry my thoughts are so cluttered right now. . haha. :) We drove through some Christmas lights kind of like Thanksgiving point. It was fun. Not very christmasy though. some of them were like about the civil war and like random pete the dragon and stuff. But it was hilarious. =)
This week I had a really hard time with struggling with believeing in myself and with Spanish especially. It is just so difficult to want to say things in a conversation but not knowing how to participate. haha. It is just frustrating. And I felt like I was at a stand still with Spanish. But of course the Lord is the best and just shows me a tender mercy last night.
We are teaching Walter and his roommate Estaban in the stairwell of their apartment complex. haha. which is awesome in and of itself! I think it is hilarious. So we are teaching them and Walter asks us about the tower of babel. . and Hermana nord is like I do not know how to explain this at all. So she looks at me and is like what do we do. And I just whip out the tower of babel IN SPANISH! It truly was just a little tender mercy the Lord wanted to show me that I was progressing in Spanish even though I clearly don't feel like I make any progress. But come Mother's Day I will just be whipping Spansih out at you all! ;) I know it is there it is just frustrating at the same time. . :( It is coming though and that tender mercy was definitely needed.
Angel came to church! He is a less active member and he came! So that was great! We are trying to get his wife, Judith, to become an investigator. They are so nice and feed us twice a week! And their food is delicious! ;) But it was great to see him at church and just realize that we have a purpose. It is so hard to talk to so many people about the gospel in a week and they feel your love and the spirit and know they want it but when it comes time for them to commit they just back out. ugh!
I am not giving up though! We WILL have investigators at church this week! haha. I am determined to make it happen, New year, changes, commitments, you know! =)
Oh and funny story! Definitely got asked out on a date! Go me! haha. ;)
Walter asked us to the movies and to dinner, haha. He was a little disappointed and confused about what missionaries are but it was hilarious to me. ;) So what can I say I am one good looking missionary. . . getting cat calls and dates?? ;) Good times. . . good times. . . :)
I got some seriously sweet letters in the mail this week from lots of different people! Ganae your letter made me laugh so hard! And I got some Christmas cards too! Francoms, Gardners, and allie cats! :) It was great, I think I am becoming dependent upon the mailman. We are becoming great friends! =) haha. We are a little excited to get the mail each day! =)
Sunday Hermana Johnson had the chance to receive her patriarchal blessing. We waited outside with Hermana sahleen during it. And it just made me really reflect on my blessing and all the great things the Lord has in store for each of us! Especially with the New Year coming up!! =)
President Chamberlin gave an excellent combined Relief society and priesthood on Sunday. It was about the buenas cosas, major cosas, y excellente cosas! And how we need to focus each day on the excellente cosas! =) It was really great and inspiring to feel the love of the Savior. And just how if we want to have the excellent things we need to focus each day on the excellent things.
This year I really want to just dedicate all my time and attention to the Savior and developing more Christlike attributes. I want to try and become the greatest missionary I can be. With 2014 about to start it is just crazy! 2014 is the Only year I have to dedicate ALL my time to the Savior and it is beginning. As a missionary I want to develop Christlike attributes that others can see and strive to become like. =) I will make 2014 the best year yet, how can I not?! With all my attention focused each day on the Savior? And telling others about the Savior?
It is incredible to me how many people do not even know about the Bible. We are lucky enough to have the bible and the BOM. The FULNESS of the Gospel!! How can we NOT want to strive to become like the Savior? =)
 
Love you family! I am so glad you all enjoyed my package! =) I just wanted to share a little love with you all. I miss you and am so happy I had the chance to talk to you, even though I bawled the whole time! haha. =) Sounds like you all are amazing and having a great time! Remember to make Christ a part of you goals this year and focus on the Excellent things =)
Remember I love you!
 
Love Hermana Cassie Joan Gray
 
P.s.
So everyone always wonders what is good to send a missionary? Well here are some ideas that I have thought of lately just with things that Hermanas have told me and just what is nice to receive as a missionary: aka Package ideas!  =)
1. Like office supplies, (stationary, stamps, paperclips, post it notes, pens, pencils, highlighters, all that jazz)
2. cardigans, skirts, tights, hairbands, etc.
3. Nail polish, bathroom supplies (body wash, lotions, soaps (hand soap), anything like that)
4. Church books! :) Anything at like deseret book
5. Music!!!! We have the chance in my mission to listen to anything approved on lds.org! So basically like Hilary weeks, jenny Phillips, and all of that is approved! And talk tapes! :) Bring on the music! I miss it! haha.
6. jewelry, scarfs, accessories, anything like that. :)
7. GIFT CARDS! These are killer! Best thing ever. Especially since in the US I can basically go anywhere, from walmart and target to any food places like chick fil a, mcdonalds, wendys subway, chipoltole, etc. Genius ideas.
8. TREATS of course! Even though I am already going to get fat but bring it on! ;)
 
Anyways, I just know when I was wanting to send a missionary something I couldn't ever think so here are just some ideas for you! ;)

DR PEPPER is the BEST in the whole world! Finally got it! =)
Me at the airport with my first Dr pepper. . .don't worry it is now stocked in the apartment! ;)



Angel y Judith Best cooks EVER! minus mama of course! :)



me being a spoiled missionary on Christmas! You all are the BEST! :)


me with the LAST OREO! I was sad but they were DELICIOUS! :) I ate them SO fast. haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment