Monday, December 30, 2013

Virginia!!!!


Wow oh wow where to begin!
I MADE IT TO VIRGINIA!!!! So so crazy to be here and have actual legitamate investigators. So weird and so crazy but so fun!
This first week was definitley differetne than most because it is christmas time!
I arrived on to virginia, the only one because the Provo MTC people were all delayed. Super crazy, but really neat! The president and sister baker picked me up at the airport! they are some of the greatest people I have ever met! So incredibly nice! They remind me a lot of the Renchers! =)
So sweet though, We ended up driving to meet up with the English sisters in the area and I went straight out with them until the others arrived at like nine at night.
I had dinner at a less actives home and we had the chance to share a message of teh restoration with them. So neat! Oh almost forgot! If you didn't check my credit card you won't know but I DID get me a DR PEPPER!!!!
Oh so funny! I immediately after I went through customs got food at Chick fil a because hello they carry DP and so I pay and everything on my card. . get my food. The cashier is like I am sorry we are out of DP!! Ahhhhh.... what?!?! Yeah I was a little Distraught, no joke I was DYING! She must have saw my face because clearly I was going to have her cancel my order and just do the sandwhich. But she was like I will see if they'll refill it. And they did! So I survived and got my Dr Pepper! So delicious!
Anyways, first night I went out tracting with the english sisters until nine. Then we arrived at the mission home and I stayed and talked to a cute older couple tehre. . . don't remember their names! Whoops! But they are super nice! We talked for an hour until the others arrived then we had Dinner at ten at night, had interviews with the president then we went to bed! Afterwards we got up at the usual time got ready and had a delicious breakfast from sister baker. Only the hermanas stayed at the home. We then headed to the chapel where we met our companions and got assigned our areas! The sweet lady that called you mom is the one who I was talking too! She was incredible! She made me laugh. She was like your mom said she was tracking your flight the whole way! =) Glad to know! And yes, my apartment is way nice! We share with another companionship. So it is fun! They are the other hermanas in the area next to us. It is nice.
I am currently serving in Newport News! I have NO IDEA where that is at on a map but I am HERE! haha. =) It has really been an INCREDIBLE couple of days. I am serving in a Spanish Branch. Which is crazy because literally everyehwere we go I speak Spanish! Which is so helpful but is difficult at times cause I get totally lost! The spanish people are so loving though. They apparently try to feed us a TON of food and they just embrace you with love. I am going to perfect the hug and kiss on the cheek by the time I am done with my mission! Just so much love! Even to a random and complete stranger!
Well just a couple of INCREDIBLE first few experiences. . in my first like two days prosyliting.
I asked someone to be baptized!!! CRAZY I know! But I even did it in spanish! The spirit was so strong! Her name is Olga and she has four kids, and her husband was out of town. But she was there, they apparently have been teaching her for a little while and my companion was liek if you feel prompted to say anything say it. So during the lesson I had a strong feeling to ask her to be baptized. So awesome! The spirit was so strong. She didn't commit to a date but we had her say a prayer with us and ask God if she should get baptized on the 18 of January and the spirit seriously was so strong. Afterwards she showed us her hands and they were all clammy and sweaty and we were like that must be your answer. We think it scared her a little how strong her answer was. She told us she needed to think some more though.
Yesterday night we also had the chance to visit a less active member named Nancy. Nancy is so incredible! We had a great discussion with her about the importance of church and why the sacrament is so important. We sang a hymn to her and I bore my testimony about the atonement. It was so great. We asked her to think of something she could give Christ this christmas and she said (without us asking) that she wanted to ask God if it was the right thing for her to go back to church. SO INCREDIBLE!!!! (sidenote, I need to learn some new adjectives to describe my feelings! haha) But Incredible explains it all!
I also had the chance to place a Book of Mormon with a boyfriend of one of our investigators. We were talking about the restoration and he joined in about halfway and so I ended up placing a BOM with him! =) it was really neat!
I don't even know how to describe my feelings toward the area. It is truly incredible! I LOVE IT! I am teaching a lot of people who live in trailor parks! So fun! I love it. . Every house is so tiny and small and most of them smell pretty bad but that is all great! I am trying to give them the gospel of Jesus Christ! =)
This past week we also went to the Mission Christmas party where we watched the muppets christmas (weird I know) and then we had a lunch and a devotional program thing with musical numbers and stuff! It was SO GREAT! I loved it!
Afterwards we went directly to our branch Christmas party which was so fun! The kids in the branch make me laugh. They are hilarious. I have learned most of the kids know english and the adults only know spanish. But the kids make me laugh. They were dancing and stuff at the party to gangham style. So great! I also got my picture with Santa! =) And I need to buy an SD card hook up today! haha. =)
Sunday was also neat because it was the Christmas program. Oh man and is a branch so much different! It is so crazy good! The spanish people are great too because they just say what is on their mind! I had the chance to join primary for a little bit and the kiddos are HILARIOUS! oh man. Good times. . .we shared our experience about Olga with them and then one of the kids later was like "my hands are sweaty", must be feeling the spirit! =)
Christmas will be so great this year! Different for sure but should be really wonderful! =)
I got the package mom! Because we had the christmas thing the next day! So I have my sheets and stuff and my awesome boots that I LOVE! =) I have worn them almost everyday since. haha. Good times. I love my boots! =) Thanks for the presents! CAn't wait to open them!!! They are under our little tree! So fun!
My companion/trainer is Hermana Nord! She is super amazing, has such a strong testimony and is always striving to become more Christlike! She is the greatest! =) She is from South Weber area! =)
I am glad you have a couple of pictures from the president this past week! Allie Cat, mom tells me you have been updating the blog and my facebook THANK YOU! I have been told by many that my letters make their week! =) I am glad I can bring such joy to you all! And apparently make a lot of you cry each week cause clearly I feel like I bawl everyday because I feel the spirit so strongly! So on Christmas when I am bawling talking to you it will because I am so happy! haha. Everyone knows me I am a cryer! =) oh and if I ever forget to put you on this email list check out the blog! I am sure they do a lot better anyways.
Christmas time is so incredible! Please remember our Savior Jesus Christ and the love he has for you! I love this time to celebrate the birth of our savior but remember it isn't just important that he was born but that he atoned for us! It is wonderful he was born but remember the whole reason was so that we could live with God again. ALMA 7:10-13.
CONGRATULATIONS TO MCKINZIE BAILEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! YOU ARE SERIOUSLY GOING TO BE SO INCREDIBLE! MEXICO CCM is wonderful! if you have any questions ask me! Also like you said the two blondes from spanish class are going to be the ones that actually ended up learning it for reals! =) my suggestion to you right now is to start praying in Spanish EVERY DAY and also to start reading outloud from the BOM! It will help you improve your pronounciation so much! And for ten minutes each day say the verbs out loud liek you would in spnanish! it helps a lot even if you look stupid while you do it! =) haha. But I am so happy girly! That is incredible! Louisianna is lucky to have you! =)
Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD SING BUT I AM IN A LIBRARY. . . HAHA. You are incredible! have a wonderful birthday and know that I am thinking of you today! =) One of the best cousins in the world!
All your emails and letters are wodnerful! CAn't wait to open my Christmas presents! =) oh and the OREOS are SO SO GOOD! I am going to get so fat but it is worth it! haha. I LVOE THEM! I was telling my comp I was like tehre is going to be some homemade oreos in this package. haha. So I shared some with her! DELICIOUS!
Please have a wonderful Christmas! Can't wait to skype with you family! It will be so great! =)
Love you, be safe
FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!! =)
Hermana Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment