Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Welcome back to the USA!!!! Virginia HERE I COME!!

Well as my headline says. . ..  LESS THAN 12 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So crazy! I am finally heading to the FIELD! What is this! Time seriously has just flown the last little bit. No joke, and it doesn’t even feel like Christmas. That is the weird part! =) But I am so excited to head out to Virginia! =) WAHOOO!!!! 
If you didn’t get my flight plan I think my plane leaves at seven in the morning and then I have a layover in Georgia (where yes, I will have the HUGEST Dr. Pepper in the world!) and then I will head to Virginia! Wahoo! I should land I think around 4 Virginia time! =) Don{t know what time that is in Utah! Everyone say some prayers that I will be able to fit all my stuff in my bags. . . haha. And navigate the airports! Not too worried about the airport more so for the weight limit. . . haha. =) Apparently I pack a lot. According to everyone! I will be packing after this so it is all good. I already think I will be fine but prayers anyway! =)
Well I guess I will start with last week! 
Oh my goodness. . .last week was a FIESTA in Mexico! Dia de Guadelupe (Mary) was happening. Oh my goodness was that INSANE! No joke fireworks were going off NON STOP for at least 36 hours! Crazy sauce. This is the day they do the pilgrammage for the catholic church to the bassura. . (i think that is what its called). Anyways the building is like 3 miles from here! So it is insane. People from all around the country walk to the church thing and most of them do the last like ten miles or something on their knees to show dedication. It was really neat to experience it sort of. . Obviously I didn’t see much but we HEARD it all day. haha. It was really fun! =) Apparently something like 6 million people were in this area on that day. So it was pretty crazy if you can imagine! =) 
Hermana Leslie’s mom also made us this bread thing which was pretty good. It wasn’t my favorite but it wasn’t bad either. She was like the sweetest lady in the world! Super incredible! =) 
Last friday we also had a whole day of preparation for the field! So great! 
We had like mini classes all day and learned a lot. We watched the video of the three young men who carried the pioneers across the Sweet water. So GOOD! Love that video. We talked about miracles and they did this demonstration of fitting an egg into a glass jar. So neat! Love it! And how we have to exercise faith to receive miracles. And how a miracle is a natural consequence of obedience. =) We worked on contacting people in the streets which was pretty fun! Interesting for sure and they gave us LOTS of tips. . I think it will be such a shock to get into the field but so nice. 
They had us write our goals for our mission on a balloon then as a demo they had our "companion" who was our leader ruin our balloon by popping it and basically how you need to protect your goals and if you believe you will have success you will! =) It was really such a wonderful day! =)
Sunday was SO great! It was our last sunday and it was super duper weird and sad. They sang god be with you ‘til we meet again for the people leaving. It was so great. Only 25 missionaries will be replacing us this week and like 60 are leaving. It will be so small here for christmas. Sunday was great though. Learned SO much! I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting. . in Espanol of course! It was on how to become obedient and I related it to the Stripling warriors because that is what I had been reading recently! It went really well and the branch presidency all came up and told me my talk was super awesome so that was nice of them! Although I probably slaughtered spanish the whole time!!! I finished Alma! Side note but I DID IT! =) I was happy! 
Anyways in Sacrament we also had the chance to sing TWICE! The girls in the zone sang a special song Silent night in English and then our district sang our goodbye song. . Tengo gozo en mi alma hoy (sunshine in my soul) It went really well! 
It was also funny because the new district who blessed the sacrament (your first week the new district does sacrament) But they forgot H. Williams tortilla (she is gluten intolerant) and so we ended up having to go back to take the sacrament again. It was great though. 
That night the devotional was great and then we watched a movie too. To this end was I born and the one about Taylor. . . can{t think of his first name! It was a great night. 
It was also super depressing because we started saying goodbye to people and it was my last day with H. Williams. =( So sad! 
We said goodbye though and it turned out well. It is SO weird to not have all of my district here. You grow so close and don{t realize it until you are gone. . .it is so weird! I miss them all so much 
The girls all left (besides me) on monday morning at three. I had to drop of H. Williams in the morning. It was super early! But it went well. Our elders all got up and said goodbye to them at 2 in the morning! They met us at reception! They are the greatest! They surprised us all! It is so weird because you grow so close and it is like saying goodbye to your family all over again! But they are all going to be such successful missionaries. 
We have just been doing random things to get ready to leave. . Packing, going to random classes (as in switching between districts). We lucked out and had the chance to go to the temple today! SO BEAUTIFUL! I will miss it! And it is kind of cool because I have been through Mexico City the same amount as Timp! =) Just saying. . The temple is so incredible though1 We receive so many blessings from going and I love the feeling of bettering others lives. 
I have been hanging with Hermana Roemicch it was SO HARD the first day. . She wanted to be with her district and I wanted to be with mine. Her district all left on Monday though so I was glad cause today we have been hanging with mine. It is good though. I only had one mental break down at lunch to H. Decoster and H. Davis about it. I think it was more that She just wasn’t Hermana Williams and I was struggling with it cause me and H. Williams are gemelas! And it was just a hard day but it turned out good! Today I am just so excited to leave for the field!!! =) AHHH!!! 
It is the best night to end too! Devotional and American Pizza night! I love it! =) And tomorrow I will get to have real american food! =) Can{t wait! 
it looks like everything is going great back home! I miss you all so much and love to see all the things you are doing! Apparently I have some packages on the way so I can{t wait to get those either! =) you all are the greatest! =)
Mama dear, H. Leslie LOVED the bookmark! and I promised H. Williams you would make her your delicious Chicken sprite stuff when we get back! Also if you have Alpura yogurt in the US FIND IT AND LOVE IT! Saved my life at the CCM! So delicious! =) I love the mango one and peach, the strawberry coconut one isn{t bad either! 
It is so weird to not have H. Williams with me. . . she gets back two days before me on the mission! So weird but she says she will come to the airport  =) haha. I love that girl! She is seriously like my twin it is so weird! =) 
I love you family! Can’t wait to see you all on Christmas (through Skype hopefully??) or at least talk to you! Love you all! Be safe! Have fun in the snow !=) 
Love, 
Hermana Gray


Totally forgot to write about this but they put on this Mexican christmas program for us!!!!!! 
So crazy and weird and random but I LOVED IT!!! }
It was the mexican reenactment of the birth of Christ. They had like a pinata in the middle and threw candy to us. And they had a bunch of dancing and stuff! It was INSANE!
So crazy fun not really spiritual persay but it was INCREDIBLE! A much needed break from spiritual stuff but it was just a fun little bit of Christmas spirit! =)
Random but fun! 
Love you be safe! Call you soon! 
Hugs and kisses! =)
And I am super stoked for the packages! That is so fun that people miss me! Bishop sent me a picture of dr pepper last week so he could say that he doubled his intake for me. haha. =) Thanks Bishop. .. But it was hilarious! 

I vote you attach pictures some emails! Love to see the pictures! So fun! Miss you be safe and eat some snow for me! Just make sure it isn't yellow! And if you want do a snow angel too! =) Like we did for collin! 
P.s. did you guys make a chain for me?!??! I bet it a LOT shorter than collins was! =) =) 
LOVE YOU!! Need to go pack but i love you! Welcome to Virginia for me! =)

Me and My Latino Friends

The last of our district at the temple today.  Perry, Bryner and Me

With our Branch Presidency last Sunday

One of the worst pictures of me ever, but two of my favorite people!  Lemmon and Garcia! Both headed to Utah! =)  Watch for them.

Us with our teachers

Hermana Polo and Hermana Leslie
The girls in our casa!  All the latinas...and us white girls!  Now it is just me and Roemicch....lonely

Our district pointing at the maps

The girls in our zone now.  Our district with H. Decoster and H. Davis.  Davis is the short one with the blonde hair and Decoster has her hair up with the red shirt. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment