Wednesday, August 13, 2014

HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!!! =)

Family and Friends,
It is official! I have become old on the mission! I am now closer to home than away from it! Man how time just FLIES!!! =) I am surely trying to take advantage of every moment as a missionary, even on those days where it isn't all that fun! But it seems to be going well as of now! =)
This week was pretty incredible though. 
We did struggle a little to get lessons but those lessons we did have they were INCREDIBLE!!! We had a fantastic lesson with Juan and Maria this week. A member came with us. We started teaching the Plan of Salvation and it was going really well. On the earth life we started talking of the importance of baptism and making covenants. They enjoyed it. We talked about when christ was baptized and the importance of the authority. They didn't accept the baptismal invitation but we are still working hard with them to make them feel like they understand the gospel. 
One of my favorite parts of the lesson is when we were talking about Adam and Eve and Juan was like well they had to eat the fruit. And I think he was a little taken aback that we were agreeing with him. It was funny! He was loving it during that part! Eating it all up. Making me laugh when he was bobbing his head in agreement. Just funny! 
Although the best part was when we asked them if they had read in the Book of Mormon and they both said yes. And Maria handed us the book and they had read 9 chapters in one week!!! Oh yes, I think that made it worth it RIGHT there! Sometimes you wonder why you visit the same people or if you are really making a difference than you see that the Book of Mormon is helping them in their lives. And it makes it ALL worth it. The struggles the hardships, the joys of missionary work. All of it is worth it when you see investigators start to progress in the gospel. 
We also found two really great investigators this week. 
We found Virma while we were trying to find a former investigator. She was outside mowing her lawn and we approached her and talked to her. She was really intrigued by the idea of missionary work in general. She was even more surprised when our member told her it was voluntary and that we chose to be here. It was a great lesson on the Restoration. Although she does love to talk so we didnt quite make it through! haha. =) She has lots of potential though. 
We also found Jose Luis this past week. We were driviing and we past this small trailer park with probably eight trailers tops. So we were like do you think there is hispanics?? So we pull over. A guy was outside so we talk to him and ask if anyone speaks spanish in this little park. And he pointed to One trailer and says, only him. . he's fluent! ;) haha. Made me laugh. But we knocked it later and he was interested in learning more. I feel kind of bad for him since he is the only one who speaks spanish in his whole area and he has only been here for 4 months. Doesn't really have any friends here. So I am hoping that he can gain some friendships through the members. =) 
I also hit Hump Day this week! Wednesday was a great day. . 
Hermana Sahleen is so wonderful and left me with cute sticky notes on the wall in celebration. She kept making funny comments all day about it too. =) We went to Chili's for lunch in celebration, and to be honest it was a great feeling! 
I LOVE the mission, but it is nice to know that I am half way done. I remember thinking that Katie and Colton were entering the field that day and just feeling comforted that I was at where I am at in the mission. The first part of the mission is rough. So I am grateful to be half way! =) The mission is the best decision you can make, also one of the hardest! But it is WORTH IT! =) I am grateful for the knowledge I have gained of my Savior and Redeemer during my mission. And also the help I have been able to give to others. I know the gospel is true, that is why I share it. =) 
This last Tuesday, Presidente Ramirez called and asked if I would speak in church. haha. Oh goodness, don't you just dread those calls??? =) I normally don't mind speaking in church, not my favorite thing to do but there could be worse. But when you are asked to talk in a different language for 15 minutes. . . I'd rather not. I sucked it up and spoke! haha. It was good, I spoke on missionary work, the blessings of missionary work. I think it was okay. =) 
to be honest I am just glad it is over. ;) But it was great. We also had Five investigators at church which was definitely our highest in a LONG Time. It was great to be able to share with them my testimony of the gospel. 
We have been trying to work with Jay and Nico. But it seems that we just struggle to get our appointments set up with them since their guardian is a little flaky. But all is well. We had the chance to give them service on Saturday so we are hoping this next week we can get a lesson in. =) 
Last Monday we had the chance to go to the Aviation Museum here in Virginia Beach! It was actually really neat. Luckily they have volunteers tehre and one of them offered us a tour. So we were lucky and had a tour of the airplanes and he told us stories about each of them. I personally wouldn't have known much about them if he hadn't given us the tour so it definitely made it worth it! =) I liked it a lot though. They had a plane made all out of wood and just a bunch of original air craft from WW1 and WW2. It was a neat museum. I would reccomend it to people to visit! =) Especially if you like airplanes. =) 
I am trying to think. . . . Not too much else happened this week. Just the normal life of the missionary. I can't believe I am Half way done. It is so mind-boggling! I will see you all in person in just a short nine months (when I say it like that it seems like a while. . . but it really will just fly! =) ). I hope you all are being good. Doing great things. 
I know that we have a Savior and Redeemer that loves us and died for us. We have the ability to repent thanks to the atoning Sacrifice of Christ. We can become clean again. I know that as we do all we can and strive to live life according to the way that God wants us to we can be made clean again. 
I know this gospel is true! In these next nine months I am going to help as many people as I can gain the knowledge of this gospel as well! 
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! 
Stay strong! Be Safe, remember who you are and where you came from, and if you forgot ask mom! She'll be sure to remind you!. =) 

Love you,
Hermana Gray


P.S. Congratulations to one of my favorite little 'sisters', Love you Cami! Congrats! Can't wait to meet him. =)











No comments:

Post a Comment