Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Oh I'm 1/2 way there....OH Living on a prayer! =)

Well folks. . .
Can you believe it! HALF WAY THERE! Crazy sauce. . I know I don't get there until Wednesday but still!! 9months ago I was in your presence and now I am just here, helping some people, spreading the gospel. In 9 short more months I will grace you with my presence again. That is just CRAZY to me!!!
Where oh where to begin this week!?!?!
We had a little rough week but at the same time we had many miracles. We were blessed with member present lessons and I can truly testify that a member's testimony makes all the difference in a lesson!
We had a really wonderful lesson with Juan and Maria. We brought a member with us (Juan has a REALLY thick accent and is hard to understand. haha). We get there for our lesson. Sit down and right off the bat they say, we read the Book of Mormon and watched the Restoration video like you said to do. So we asked them if they had any questions and they just start going off with question after question. It was honestly one of the best questioning sessions I have been in on my mission. Juan was very doubtful of some things. We asked him if it were possible that God and Christ appeared to Joseph Smith and he was like yes I think he easily could. . but how do I know?!? Of course we explain the only way to know is through prayer, and finding out for yourself. He looked really skeptical. haha. Sometimes I wish I could just freeze moments to show you on the mission. . But what really changed his heart was when we asked Hermana Jellerson how she gained a testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. It was really a beautiful testimony of Joseph Smith and the authority of God being restored. Maria had questions about baptisms and as we were talking about it we were about to extend the baptismal question then the subject changed due to someones comment!! Oh satan. . . thinks he is so funny! Next time though it is coming out! :) It was a great lesson though. We invited them to church and they said they couldnt' because they can't drive. So we said 'if we can get you a ride for church tomorrow will you come?' 'yes' so we find them a ride and call them and they said they couldn't come. But that the next week they could. We will definitely hold them to that!!! =)
We also had a pretty great lesson with Patty. We met her knocking last week. She was super nice. We went for our original lesson and she was pulling out because she had forgotten and was like oh goodness come back tomorrow and I will be here. We had a really short lesson with her though since she had a meeting for school stuff. We just talked a little more about the Book of Mormon with her, we won't be able to visit her this week because she will be visiting her mom in Maryland.
While we were with our member on Saturday we asked her if we could knock 2 doors after the lesson that we needed to contact. It was raining and she was like why not! We knock a referral. We find Saul who has lots of potential! He has a family. . a wife and twin daughters! He just seems very nice! Full of potential! =)
We had a very interesting experience this week. . haha. Imagine Deano from a few weeks ago but now the attention was centered on me. haha. AHHHH!!!
We go to our appointment we have with Bruno and Benjamin set up. Benjamin opens the door sees us and is like 'oh no I forgot! I have some buddies over and we are just drinking and smoking to relieve some stress after work'. Then he invites us in. So we ask if there is a woman and he says no. Well we can't come in. Why not. A rule we have. Oh goodness. . he wouldn't get over it.
I swear Satan just works on people like nothing. He asked us about 20 times to come in then he would say 'nobody would know' (oh buddy. . you don't know.... heavenly father is ALWAYS watching. haha.). We do not enter (cause first off he is a little drunk anyways). So he is like fine you won't come in teach me outside. So he is talking to us a little bit but doesn't really let us talk then just keeps asking us questions. Then he is like. . it is sad, you are what 26?? (yes, how rude he thought I was 26!! 19 buddy. . thanks). So we are like no we are 19 and 23. And he was like what?!? No way. Then he was like well it is so sad that you can't love someone. haha. Oh goodness. . this is going no where good.
We explain a little of what a missionary is. Then basically we are like we need to leave, he isn't interested in the message. So we go to leave, make up some excuse. Hermana Sahleen shakes his hand, then I shake it he holds my hand and kisses my cheek. What the?!? Then he realizes he didn't do it to Hermana Sahleen and that is weird so he does it to her too. haha.
then of course since I have been giving crap to Hermana Sahleen about Deano (jokingly of course, laughing about it). We are walking to the car and she's like 'well someone likes you!". I about died laughing. What is with these single Spanish men in Virginia?? haha. Oh and don't worry he offered us some beer and cigarettes too. Oh goodness. .. the life of a missionary.
Overall the week was pretty good. We had fun! We are just trying to find the prepared and working hard as missionaries to spread the gospel! =)
We had a neat little miracle. We had a lesson with Angie scheduled on Monday but she had to cancel so she was like come tomorrow. So we called her and our phone was almost dead. She wasn't at her home but at a friends and said to come by. We get the directions and right after we hang up the phone dies! Complete miracle right there. =)
I hope all is well with you and that you enjoy my letters! I sure enjoy all of your letters and emails!
Thanks for the love and support!
Love you all!
Hermana Gray


Good luck to Colton and Katie Hoggan both entering the MTC this Wednesday!! =) You will both be fantastic missionaries!


No comments:

Post a Comment