Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Verdict is in....

And I am headed to NAGSHEAD CITY, NORTH CAROLINA!!!!
Wow, I can't believe it is already my time to leave the Beach! I feel like I just got here. I am so excited to go and learn more from other members in N. Carolina, but I am so sad to leave one of the best areas on the mission! I am super lucky though and I am hitting the top three "best areas" as a Hermana. These are the three areas all the hermanas all want to visit! So I am lucky! =)
I am super sad to leave though, the people here just capture your heart so quick! This little branch has so much potential. It is going to grow so strong! I can see it now. I am sad because we have so many wonderful investigators right now. All who are progressing so much in the gospel. Hopefully this area will see a baptism that is long overdue soon!! =)
I am headed to Nagshead city (weird name right?!?). or otherwise known as the "outerbanks" I am going to be serving on the little island. . it is going to be so gorgeous! Apparently it is very touristy too. And I think Pepsi was invented there so how can it not be great?!? ;) Only if it were Dr. Pepper would it be better. =)
This week we had a good time. We didn't have too much success number-wise but the lessons we did have were very powerful.
We had an incredible lesson with Juan and Maria. Hno. Rodriguez came with us and it ended up turning into a question and answer session. Juan has heard many things about the church, some true, some not. He ended up opening up with a lot of concerns he has and it turned out to be very good. We would explain something and than he would have a different question. It was nice. He seems to be really opening up to us. Maria was quiet with him there. She is a quiet observer but when she comments and participates it is really great. She was cute. Juan had to work Sunday but Maria came! It was really a big step for her. We called to verify that they were coming (we find them a ride) and she said that Juan was working so they couldn't come. But I was like well you can come without him if you want to. And she did! I think it helped her realize that we still want her to be there, and that we really do care for her. She looked really sad to hear that I am leaving. . . I hope all goes well. I think they will be fine with the transition in the end. And Hermana Newman is coming here! So I am not worried at all! She is a go-getter! :) I see these two in the baptismal font before we know it. =)
Gustavo, the guy who randomly came to church last week, is now an investigator! He is doing really well. We had a lesson with him at the church and it was WONDERFUL! He seems so solid. We shared the Restoration with him and he just was so thrilled to have the knowledge. He said yes to baptism, he told us that a lot of things have happened recently in his life and he realized that he just wants to change. He wants to become a better person. I think he has a lot of potential. We are hoping to set him with a date tonight in our appointment.
We had a really great lesson with Patty this week. We had the chance to finish the Restoration with her. She makes me laugh. The spirit was really strong. And we invited her to pray to know if our message was true and she just says "NO!". haha. We were like why, don't you want to know? and she just said, I am confused, I am catholic, and I don't want to change. I Know she felt the spirit. It was really funny though. She just had this pure look of shock because she could feel it was true and realized that she needs to change. We have an appointment with her this week so we'll see what happens. I know if she lets the spirit help her she will have that desire to change. =)
I had a really neat experience while out tracting, we were talking to a man, who basically straight up told us he wasn't interested. But he kept talking to us, he was and older gentleman. Then he said he always had the question as to why innocent people suffer, and I felt impressed to read with him about when Alma and Amulek watch the children and wives burning. As I did we could just see his demeanor change. He became much more open to the message. It was incredible to see. He didn't accept a Book of Mormon or a return appointment. He said he was leaving in a month to go to Guatemala. And I made him promise he would find the missionaries there and talk to them. ;) All we can hope for is he actually does it! ;)
This week the Zone Leaders called to check up on our investigators and what not. . as we were talking they asked if I had seen any miracles this week. So I keep talking and telling them all the many miracles we have seen lately. Then he says, "since you have been seeing so many miracles will you be willing to train in Zone meeting on Friday". . . wow, thanks. haha. But then Hermana Sahleen was laughing at me and then he said it would be the "BOTH of us training". haha. That's right! I get her dragged into things all the time. . my big mouth! I basically should just stop talking. . I've dragged her into role plays, everything! But our training went really well. The zone seem to enjoy it a lot. All about extending the baptismal question.
Overall this week was pretty great! I had an excellent last preparation day here! We woke up early and saw the sunrise on the beach. And then we tried to go see the cape henry lighthouse but it was closed to due weather. . I don't know why it was GORGEOUS weather yesterday! =) But we had fun anyways.
Our air conditioning broke again this weekend. So we have been hitting the 90's in the apartment. Luckily we are having the office people work on it today. Hopefully it is done by the time we get back from emailing! It is HUMID and HOT in the apartment. . GROSS! Sticky is not my friend. =)

I hope you all are having a wonderful week! I am so grateful for your love and support throughout the mission. I hope to hear from you all soon! Letters are always appreciated, emails, pictures, anything! =)
I love you! have an excellent week!

Hermana Gray

My new address:
116 Windjammer Rd
Nagshead, NC

27959

all of us with our ward mission leader

Elder Smith, Elder Valdez, Jose, Elder Novak, Me, Hermana Sahleen

Dison Family

Angelina and I

Jellersons


It's that time, and we received a call:  NORTH CAROLINA HERE I COME!!!

Goodbye VA BEACH

Hermana Ramirez (the branch president's wife) who is one of my all time favorite people

Me and King Neptune!

Oswald family

Me and the Castro family, Minus Hermana Castro, she was lying down

She'll probably kill me that i sent you this, but it was early...give us a break

Hermana Suarez

Us and Jose

Rodriguez family

Nicole, the branch president's daughter.  She is the greatest.

No comments:

Post a Comment