Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas...Merry Christmas...and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Yes, bringing back N'SYNC! ;)

Hello dear family and friends,
It was so wonderful to SEE your beautiful faces on Christmas. I LOVED it. And we are blessed that the only tears I shed were when I told yall I was going to miss my companions. Which is true... I will. They are two of the best missionaries in this mission and I am lucky to have had the chance to serve with them. They have changed my life for the better. I am lucky I have this last week to serve with them and try to bottle up all the knowledge I can from them.

This past week was just CRAZY! Lots of craziness due to the holidays.. we didn't have the chance to teach too many lessons with everyone being out of town and what not. But we did go around and spread the Christmas spirit! :)

We caroled on Tuesday and Wednesday (different parts of the area) to a lot of the members and took around goodies. It was HILARIOUS!!! Imagine 5 sister missionaries showing up on your porch in skirts... POURING RAIN, in ponchos over our clothes... let's just say it was insane.. we had lots of fun. We got pretty wet. but we spread the Christmas cheer which is what mattered most! :)  We even made Hermana Valdez stand outside the car and we drove by and squirted her with the water from the puddle... FUNNY!  There was a bet that was occurring... so she did get a strawberry lemonade from sonic. =)

We tried to contact a few potentials... many of them were out of town because of Christmas. And a few don't even return until the New Year. But it was pretty hilarious when we were contacting this lady named Brenda (the referral from the creepy car situation).. "Nelson" had told us it was his mom... Clearly NO! haha. Sister,  and his name isn't Nelson. So that was an awkward moment for us all and she was like "you think I am that old?" haha. Whoops...

Christmas Eve was really fun! We went and ate with the Feickert's, a senior couple in the ward. After dinner we played 9 card no peeky, then we went home and played around for a bit. We all pulled out the mattresses to the main room and had a massive sleep over out by the tree. It was fun.

Then we woke up to SANTA! He left lots of presents and I was spoiled rotten. I am so grateful for all the support I have received on my mission. I can't express enough gratitude for all that you do for me. We were treated extra special this year and each missionary received three secret santas from the Nags Head Ward. 
I was SPOILED! I love the games I got... we have put bananagrams to some good use. I also received a Rubix cube from Hermana Valdez and a pack of Dr. Pepper. . both of which have also been put to good use. I am going to master the rubix cube. I can do the first two layers no problem. :)  Hermana Juanhijo also made me my next planner and wrote me a really cute note. And within the sisters we drew names and Sister McDonald game me a soccer ball and clothes. I am excited....
Clearly my gifts were fun! :)

Then afterwards we headed to the Maher's home to SKYPE!!! While we were waiting to Skype we played games and did different things. Then of course I talked to you!!!! I WAS SO STINKING HAPPY!!!
It feels like that was FOREVER ago! I am super excited for all the fun things that we have planned to do when I get home and especially for the return trip here. ;)

it was good to see all of you on Skype though and have the chance to tlak to you. I miss you lots but I am glad I am a missionary ( no offense). ;) I am just helping other people have their families for eternity.

Tiff did ask me on Skype what would help me finish out the next five months of the mission.... what support I needed??

Well, this isn't necessarily for me per say but I think it could be fun.
I am doing the "D&C CHALLENGE".... aka, I am reading the Doctrine and Covenants backwards to count down my mission. It started on Christmas actually. I would like to invite all of you to join me. It will be a great way to be united as a family and it would be fun to finish it off together by reading the last chapter the day I get home. ... just a thought. :) The blessings of reading the scriptures are real... they help us to become better and more united. I know many times throughout my mission when my companions and I are reading the same scriptures we have a special unity about us. And it isn't that big of a commitment... one chapter each day until I get home. ten minutes tops. :)

I was also pondering this week a lot of Metas... goals for the year of 2015.

We read the discurso of Elder Holland "Lot's wife" one.... super super good! You are all in for a treat.. READ IT! I love that talk so stinking much! :)
But it reminded me a lot of Laman and Lemuel from the BOM. When they are telling Nephi how much 'better it MIGHT have been' if they would have stayed... their hearts and heads were in the past... when in all reality they needed to enjoy and experience the presence while having bright hopes for the future.

Please take time to ponder this week goals you can set for yourself for the year 2015. I would invite you to all put on the "BIG 3" on your list of goals... Going to church each sunday, reading the scriptures each day, and praying morning and night. I know you will receive many blessings if you do. Those things are what keep members firm in the faith. They develop more fully a love for the Savior and understand more fully the atonement of Jesus Christ.

I hope yall have a wonderful week! I'll see you in 2015!!!

Love yall so much!


SKYPING
I look HIDEOUS but Hermana Valdez fed to my addiction!  Whoot shoot. Love Dr. Pepper








Caroling in the rain




Love, Hermana Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment