Monday, January 5, 2015

Out with the old...in with the new!

Hello Family and Friends,
Today is a weird day. . . I have to say goodbye to two of the most wonderful missionaries in the world. I am really sad about it. Actually...  I am a wreck and have been for the last couple of days. My poor companions.. you think I would be the one that was heading home. haha. =)
Let's just say this last week was a rough one all around. But things will get better.

I received a transfer call. ;)
I am TRAINING. I am getting a brand new greenie.. the twist is that I am only getting one instead of the planned two. Our mission President didn't feel right about training in Trios and so he is only giving us all one new missionary. There will be three Hermanas who will be trained with an English companion and start in an English area. I feel really bad for them. Personally I would rather have the stress of training two people at once but for whatever reason the Lord wants those Hermanas in English work for a while.
But wish me luck. I feel super inadequate. haha. Which I guess means I am ready?? ;)

This week wasn't all that wonderful. We just did the normal missionary things. We are trying really hard to find new investigators. But with the holidays everyone is still a little out of the loop and just getting things settled again.
We had the chance to volunteer at this place and we would sit on a loom and make rugs. It was super fun! I am excited to volunteer there again. All the proceeds they make from selling the rugs go to help abused women and children. It was really neat though and maybe if I am cool one day I'll buy a rug... or not. haha. Debatable. ;)

This week we tried to visit lots of people but no one was really home. It was a bummer. But we pushed through. Then to top it all off on Friday night a member took us out to dinner at this restaurant and we all had food poisoning that night. haha. Well it hit me the least. I just had a bad tummy ache but my poor companions didnt' look so hot. Hermana Valdez especially, it was a rough night.
 Then Saturday it was a little depressing because we spent most of the day packing them and getting them ready to leave. They both are doing good though. I think they are really sad but you can tell they are really excited too.
I just have to remember what a sacrifice it is for the family. I remember being on the other end and it isn't easy but I also didn't realize what the missionary goes through. They leave another family and that is hard too. I am really sad to see them go, but they said that we can be friends after the mission and they are mensas sometimes! ;) haha.

I won't ever forget this last week though. I have had too many spiritual moments with them to count. There is nothing like singing 'para siempre Dios este con vos.' for your last companionship study, or having the opportunity to listen to two missionaries bare their testimonies in a lesson with Eduardo and Fernando.
That lesson last night was one of the most powerful lessons in my mission... and that is because the spirit was the one guiding it. I will never forget how quickly the spirit of a room can change by simply baring a powerful testimony.
These two hermanas have forever changed my life. They are some of my closest friends. I never realized how quickly you can make friendships that will last a life time. I can't wait for you all to meet them. =)


Sorry this email is short... Not a whole lot is happening besides finding people. And we have to go get some stuff done before our trek to the mission home. 

i'll be put in a trio with the sisters until transfer meeting. That will be different. And Sister Carlson is being transferred also. :(  

Wish me luck! I'll send you a picture of me and my greenie next week! 

As Always, 
Hermana Gray


I love you so much. Miss you!



our zone leaders



I'm going to miss these two loons!  They are nuts!!!  I'm sure there will be some good photos of me next week all teary eyed and bawling.  haha.  Look forward to that.

us and elder Holland



No comments:

Post a Comment