Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Middle of January?? What??

Hola Familia!

WOW, cannot believe it is already the middle of January... this is INSANE! But all is well.

This week was FULL of miracles... I am so blessed to have seen so many miracles occurring all around us.
Tuesday started with a drive to Elizabeth City to have interviews with President Baker. It is always so incredible to have a few minutes to talk to the mission president and receive guidance and counsel! :) He expounded on the verses I have been reading in D&C and it really just opened my eyes. We focused a lot on how we become the 'chosen' to share the gospel. It was a good interview and it is always fun to have a few minutes with him and sister Baker. Apparently Hermana Earl and I both shared the same story with him, and he just chuckled to himself a little bit. But hey, great minds think alike! :)
English Class started up again this week, we are also going to start an English class at the chapel in February. We had a neat experience, there was a little down time before English and two of the men that work there, Fernando and Erick, were talking to us before... Erick it was his first time coming to class, so he was asking how we know Spanish and why. We had the chance to share the reasons we are serving missions. I took the opportunity to share the restoration with him in a short couple of minutes. I even had the chance to recite the first vision for them. It was really neat to see their expressions change and their hearts be touched. We set up an appointment with them, but didn't get their exact address because they couldn't remember their trailer number. But we have their phone numbers and we of course see tehm each Wednesday. :)
We also ate at Plaza Azteca (or plaza death..... I think Hermana Valdez and Johnson would appreciate that name. ;) ), but I of course had a hilarious moment there. Our waitress... super nice, thick accent. Of course, Hispanic right?? NO.... she comes up to the table me, 'de donde es?', "what???" .... realizing real quick she doesn't speak Spanish... 'where are you from?', HILARIOUS, then she was like 'wait, did you just ask me where I am from in Spanish?'.... that's not awkward. Yep, definitely did. haha. She was from the Ukraine. =) Yes, Russian, Spanish.... same difference right?? :)
We had a good laugh about it though.

We had another neat miracle this week. WE have been visiting our less active, Hermana Diaz, and we visit her pretty consistently. anyways each time we go over her husband completely avoids us... but his time he actually came in and sat down in the lesson! It was sweet. And he participated and everything. We just talked about the book of Mormon and the importance of it. He even said he would sit in on our next appointment. :) Hermana Earl was hilarious... she didn't say one word this whole lesson. She didn't understand his accent and he asked her simple questions like where are you from what is your name, etc. She was all deer-eyed. But she was a little shocked I think. I felt bad for her. But I guess it's the only way you learn.
that night though she did really well. Took the lead in teaching Eduardo and Fernando the Restoration again. She did really well, you could tell she was nervous and fumbling for words... each time she wasn't sure of a word she would look at me and be like how do you say?? ... it was fun. She did great though! :)
We also had a miracle and had the chance to see Alex, a less active member that works a TON. We had an appointment fall through that a member was coming with us so I was like.. hey lets call him and see what he's doing tonight. we called him and he had us over. :) told us he was going to feed us too. (we just had eaten... haha. always...always happens). But it was fun. Learned a lot about him and his friend Tony. Tony was telling us stories of crossing the borders and stuff. Just the crazy life it is to try to cross. I am shocked at some of the crazy stories I have heard.

We had another Talent show. It was really good. Turned out pretty successful. We had four non members there. :) we did a skit for our talent... 'the day in the life of a missionary'... man our lifes are weird. It went well though. :) Brother Kelly was the heart behind it all and thanks to him it was successful.

Yesterday for our Preperation day we toured Spencer Yachts! SWEET. Brother Buchanan took us on a tour and into boats they were constructing... it was nice. Tiff...I hooked us up with a fishing day when we come back and visit. Brother Buchanan told me he would take us out and fish on his boat. :) That's right.
it was really neat to see it be created before our eyes though. these boats are insane! I loved it though.... and who can say they have stepped foot on a multi-million dollar yacht on their mission?? ;)

Anyways, that is about what happened in my life. Still just being a missionary. =)
I love you all so much, I hope you are having a great week and learning lots in D&C! Don't forget how much I love you. =)

As Always, the one and only,
Hermana Gray


"Wherefore it came to pass that my father Lehi, as he went forth prayed unto the Lord, yea, even with all of his heart, in behalf of his people." -1 nephi 1:5

Yes!!! NAILED IT! thanks to Hermana Valdez...I am a PRO at the Rubix cube




No comments:

Post a Comment