Monday, January 26, 2015

You have an accent... are you from Minnesota?

Family and all those who are also neat enough to read this email,

Let me prepare you ahead and just say that the Lord knows each of his children perfectly. He is aware of each of our unique circumstances and truly wants to help each and everyone of us receive his restored gospel.
I will just start with the craziest miracle we had this week, truly heaven sent.

We were weekly planning.. which I always like to think of it like off of "What happens in Vegas" (is that the name of the movie... sidenote. . complete brain inadequacy at the moment).. but I like to think of when Ashton Kutcher asks Cameron Diaz.. "you make plans to make plans?" ... And that is EXACTLY what weekly planning is. haha.
But We are weekly planning... thinking of a baptismal date goal. .. anyways in the midst of weekly we receive a phone call from this random number. Answer it of course. It is Elaudio... a potential investigator our zone leaders had given us in the beginning of December that we had been trying to contact for a while. Calls us, says "hermanas, I am off tonight and want you to come teach me." we are like of course. We will find a way to make this happen.
Anyways Heavenly Father had prepared this moment to happen. We had a lesson scheduled with a different potential investigator who happened to cancel on us but the member who was going with us still was fine. So we go to Elaudios house instead.
As we are beginning teaching we start into the Restoration but both of us feel that we are not supposed to teach him that at about two points in... we both think the book of Mormon but don't know how to communicate that to one another without being too awkward about it. But Elaudio proceeds to ask a random question 'does you religion have some book, kind of like the catholic bible?"
Where that came from?!?? The spirit.... so we talk about the book of Mormon then proceed to feel the promptings to talk about Baptism with him. We literally have met this guy once before this (or at least I had in brief moments). So I proceed to talk about baptism and how it is how we show heavenly father we are willing to follow him more fully in our lives, etc. Then BAM! Baptismal invite. The spirit is FLOWING so strong. Then he calmly says, 'yes.' so I follow up with will you be baptized on march 7? .... 'yes.'
And that is how a greenie miracle happens folks. I am telling you, he just has been prepared by Heavenly Father.
The spirit was so powerful in that lesson. Then it was also neat because we called the zone leaders (well they called us) and we are talking and telling them this cool miracle because literally we are not having this happen often here. Then it was neat because Elder Terril tells us how they met him and how they literally met him at 8:45 at night and it was in a dark alley way. haha. He was meant to have the gospel. Then him calling us. Oh man. Heavenly Father knows all of us. Perfectly.

This week has been great though. Oh this lady asked me if I was from Minnesota. haha. I thought it was pretty hilarious. Made me think of New in Town. Which I happen to quote ALL the time. (Hermana Juanhijo.. WATCH IT!!!!). But It made me laugh. We ended up talking to her for a good ten minutes about different things in the gospel. She actually knew a lot of members of the church. We told the sisters that they should stop by the library in Manteo and talk to her. :)

We had a lesson with Eduardo and Fernando last night. It was a really good. we talked about he priesthood again. We even had four different members there all bear their testimonies on different parts of the priesthood. So we will see what happens. They keep saying they don't feel prepared to receive it. But hopefully we can see some progress with them. We asked them to pray about it and try to receive some revelation for themselves on the matter. We need to ask them more specifically what questions they have about the priesthood. To better understand what is holding them back.

other than that not too much happened. We had stake conference here which took up a lot fo time. We had to drive two hours each way to go to stake conference. Both Saturday night and sunday morning. So that was fun.
The main focus was families and ward councils. And applying ward council into family councils. It was really good. We heard from Elder Dunnigan of the 70. I enjoyed it. Lots of participation. When we were walking out I was carrying the translation equipment and President Baker looks at me, and says 'is that translation equipment you are carrying?' ... yes... then he asked me if I had translated the meeting.... definitely NOT. haha. But it was nice to be assumed that I had. We had a member do it. But it was really hilarious. I think I would feel fine translating from Spanish into English but the other way makes my mind hurt too much. :)

That is about all I have for you folks. 
Remember I love each and everyone of you very much. I am so grateful for your love and support. I hope you all have a wonderful week! :)

Love, 
Hermana Gray


don't forget to read D&C!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment