Monday, February 2, 2015

Miracles Abound

Hello Family and Friends! 
This week miracles were just abounding. I am so grateful for all the wonderful miracles that Heavenly Father has been placing in our path as missionaries. I have realized that as a missionary you have the opportunity to witness so many things throughout the day and truly have an appreciation for the knowledge of the gospel. 
This week we had a break through! One of the less active families we visit really had a remarkable realization. We taught about prayer and scripture study and I did the little demonstration of balancing the nails on one nail. We talked about how the little things we do each day are the nails, with two of the nails representing the two things we should do each day, scripture study and prayer, and then the nail that is holding up all of it was Christ. We talked about how essential scripture study and prayer are to make the rest of our day fall into place. It was really incredible lesson and they both were very involved. Then they gave us two referrals of their friends, committed to feed us on friday (not even a week.... like two days later) and they came to a lesson with us! 
It was a MIRACLE. They came to a lesson with us to teach Elaudio. It went really well. They kept giving great explanations of the Restoration to him and really were bold about finding the answer for yourself. It was neat because he was saying how it is such a great demonstration of faith for Hermana Earl to speak spanish to him and he needs to exercise that same kind of faith to receive an answer to his prayers. it was intense. Elaudio didn't come to church because of work.... sad stuff. But he told us that he can meet with us again this week. So we aren't too worried. 
Oh and another neat thing, I took it to heart. As we were visiting with this less active family the brother stops hermana earl in the middle of the lesson, looks directly at me and goes off for a good five minutes about how I am the difference for this area. It was really intense.  He was like 'you are the missionary that we have made the best connection with in a while' it was really nice though. He pointed out just little things I had done in my short time here that he said were meaningful to him and his wife. It was super kind of him. He was like, I know it's you because it started when you came here and hasn't stopped with the change of missionaries. i was just in shock the whole time because it came from out of nowhere. haha. :)
This week we also had the chance to give some service. We helped a less active cut up some wood and stack it. We also helped clean the chapel. It was really a great week. 

We had a really great lesson with Jasmine and Eduardo. 
We were talking to Jasmine and she was just telling us all about life. How she wants to join the military when she graduates, her boyfriend, etc. (she is talking to us in english at this point so her mom doesn't understand). then we begin the lesson and are talking about the atonement. She doesn't have a belief in god really. She doesn't understand it etc. So we talked about that and how we can be forgiven of our sins etc. It was a really great lesson. Eduardo her brother, came in and sat in on it too. He was the real reason we were there I believe. 
We randomly asked him a question and I think he was super surprised that we recognized him listening in. He was trying to do it discreetly. :) But he participated. Then tells us how he has only been here for about a month. when he was leaving Honduras about a month before he left missionaries came in contact with him and he was meeting with them regularly. He said he thought it was a coincidence that he met us so soon here and how we are from the same church. :) :)
There is no such thing as a coincidence in my book... that is the hand of the Lord right there. They didn't set a return appointment because their life was so hectic right now but we are hopefully going to meet up with them again this week. :)

My life is going good. I am continually growing and learning each new day. I have been reading in the Joseph Smith History and it is remarkable how many items I can read the first vision, and still receive new inspiration and light. I hope you all take the time to truly ponder the first vision and what it means to you. I know that you will gain a greater appreciation for the gospel as you study the reason we have the restored gospel on the earth today. Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. He truly had a simple question that led to such a marvelous restoration of the gospel of jesus christ on the earth today. I know as you read the Book of Mormon and ponder it's teachings then ask God the father you can receive the same confirmation that I have so you can also boldly declare that the restored gospel is on the earth today. The priesthood authority of god is on the earth today. I promise you this. 

I love you all so much. I have a great appreciation for all you do for me. I am reminded especially this Valentine's season that I have a family who is so wonderful. They love me so much and I am eternally grateful for them. I am grateful that families are forever. 

Forget About Me, I Love You... simple as that. 

Love,
Hermana Gray


p.s. shout out to Brother Kelly, a dedicated reader. :) Thanks for all you do for us missionaries here in Nags Head! 










No comments:

Post a Comment