Monday, February 16, 2015

And another one bites the dust...

Well folks, This transfer has officially ended.... Crazy sauce!
I can't believe it has been 6 weeks already from saying goodbye to the Hermana Juanhijo and the Hermana Valdez... that just blows my mind. I have also been dreading the change of transfers because now I can say that I officially have one transfer left after this. . . yes folks, we are on the last 12 weeks of my mission. That just boggles my mind. I just have 'training' time left. What kind of joke is that?

Anyways, My week wasn't all that bad, not all that wonderful either. haha. But I guess as a missionary you get the best of both worlds right?!? =)
We have been really struggling with getting lessons because all of our investigators are male and so we need a third female to come with us but then it is hard too because they work so much they don't really know their work schedule so they will just randomly be ready to have a lesson so we have to try and scramble to find someone to come. They don't really have firm schedules either because it changes so often. But we are enduring and one day we will have consistency! :)

Although this week MIRACLES occurred... we had FIVE, yes FIVE Hispanics at church! Friends... that is a MIRACLE!
We have been working with a bunch of less actives for a while now. Slowly but persistently. They are all so wonderful. We saw three of them at church.
Two ladies we have been visiting each week for the whole time I have been here came! We also had Fernando, our recent convert at church, Eduardo was sick this week. :( Then we also had a really great potential investigator come to church. His name is Carlos. He was a member referral. He works at Spencer yachts and actually took the lessons a few years ago, then went back to peru, and is back and wants to take them again! :) So wonderful. He has come to church the last two weeks but he is in between homes right now so he can't meet with us yet. He moves in to his new place in a week or two though so we are holding out for him. He can do it!
It was so fun to see everyone at church,
When you go and visit them throughout the week and they tell you they are coming it was really neat to see them actually come.

We visited Hermana Diaz this week with the Relief Society President. We sat down to teach her a lesson and just talk for a while. She just jumps in before the message and says to us that she is coming to church on Sunday, bringing her Sister-in-law Maria, and also another less active, Hermana Midgett. It was incredible. Then we talked to Hermana midget after and she was like oh good I am going to call her and make sure she is coming to give me a ride. It was fun to see them so excited to come to church! I was happy for them. They only stayed for sacrament but they said they were coming back next week and also are planning to stay for all three hours next week too. :) Whoot whoot!

This week we also drove to Virginia on Tuesday to have a Sisters Conference with the whole mission. It was really fun to all get together. I didn't know over half the sisters because they were all new. It was fun to see the Hermanas though and also Sister Carlson. I talked to Hermana Brugman for a little while and it was weird because we are both coming on the down hill slope. We talked about the CCM for a little bit and seeing each other there. It was neat.
The Conference was really excellent.
Sister Baker gave us an excellent training that morning on giving ourselves to the work. And related it to the story of the young prince. Then we had different trainings by the different Sister Training Leader companionships. It was nice to have that time to learn more and also just to relax a little. President Baker gave a really really great training, he was pretty hilarious too. He did a slide show of different pictures of them through the years, and a lot of his daughter and related it to how we all are like his daughters and he just wants us to have Joy in this life and how that is exactly like Heavenly Father. It was a really great training. His topic basically to sum it down was... "what brings Heavenly Father joy?. . . YOU!'.
It was a great conference, fun to see all the sisters there. I really truly enjoyed it.
District meeting was different... the elders were asked to give a specific training from our Sister Training Leaders and I was ticked abuot the topic. Especially because on exchanges the week before they did what they were preaching against the week before with Hermana Earl. So I was bugged and Elder Marinos our district leaders was confused about the topic too. He was like I don't feel like any of yall are doing that. So I was irritated. Luckily the Elders are the best and had brought me (well all the sisters a candy bar), and they brought me a Dr. Pepper too. haha. I was the only one with a drink and a candy bar. :) Dr pepper addiction to the max right there!

Valentines consisted of heart attacking a lot of doors and just trying to talk to people. It was good though.

I love yall very much. I hope you have a wonderful week and remember how important you are to your Heavenly Father.

Como siempre,
Hermana Gray


p.s. Thanks to my wonderful home ward who has been taking care of my mama so well! I truly appreciate it. Yall are so kind and generous! =)


A note that we left to the husband of he relief society president when we heart attacked their door for valentines.  We are hilarious, at least we think we are.

Brrr!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment