Monday, February 9, 2015

Las familias pueden ser eternas

Hello Family and Friends,
I first off want to just give my family a HUGE hug and tell you all I love you. I miss you lots, especially this weekend. Know I was there in spirit and I know that families really can be together forever.
I found out about Grandpa's death on Friday morning. We had zone meeting and President Baker and Sister Baker were present. We had a good zone meeting in which they talked about our new planning system to do weekly planning (confusing a smidgen and WAY different.... but I guess it will all be for the better in the end), my only sadness that came from these new plans was the fact that I have to use PENCIL for every planning.... I will miss my pens. Anyways, but we had this really good zone meeting and we talked about a 40 day fast as missionaries too.
The whole time I felt like President Baker kept looking at me with this concerned look on his face, And I am just thinking, oh great (since I am asking so many questions about this new method) president baker thinks that I am against it, I am going to rebel! haha.
No, afterwards he approaches me and says, "Hermana Gray I need to talk to you." And you know that moment when your heart hits your stomach. I just knew, Because of the emails last Monday and then hearing those words again, I just knew.
It was a weird sensation having him say the actual words. He took me into the Stake President's office and I had the chance to talk with him for a couple of  minutes. He did tell me that yall were doing good. And he also told me that he actually knew my grandfather. It was really neat for him. He said that he really admired my grandpa for all the things he had done in his life and related how he was such a wonderful man. I also received a priesthood blessing from my District Leader and felt more at peace.
I did tell President Baker that he is no longer allowed to come to any meetings. ;) I told him that whenever he shows up at my district meeting or zone meeting a death occurs. haha. He did promise me that if another death occurs and he does tell me he would do it Before the meeting so the whole next meeting I don't have to stress about that. ;) He is a funny guy. Although I am partly serious even though I said it jokingly. What are the odd chances that he was coming to both of the meetings. . . President Baker is inspired! I am truly loved by a Heavenly Father.
This week wasn't the best week of my life I will admit to that. In all honesty it kind of sucked and was rough. Makes everyone want to be a missionary right? :)
We started out the week without a car. Our car was getting fixed because someone had dinged our door. We were without a car... we were supposed to get it back on Tuesday, or early Wednesday. Supposed to being the key words. We actually got it back about 5:00 Thursday evening, which really puts missionary work at a stand still. haha.
Because we were without a car this week for most of it, we had to bum rides off of others (aka the Sisters). We hitched a ride to Manteo one of the days and ended up meeting this really neat guy while we were walking around because our appointment fell through.
We were walking down Elsie Daniels and came across a man outside, his name is Felix. I approached him (he lives in a bright green trailer, I've talked to his wife before). Anyways I told him how we share a message about how families can be together forever. Then he just went off. He had question after question. It was incredible. I told him some of our beliefs. We talked about the basics of the plan of salvation. He had deep questions, some about a Heavenly Mother, and also simple questions. We talked to him for about 1/2 an hour and committed him to read the plan of salvation folleto and also to pray. He is a really good potential! He couldn't give us a good time to come back because he didn't know his work schedule.
We also met a man named Carlos this week. He is a friend of a less active member, Hermana chinchilla. He works for Spencer Yachts and apparently has come to church in the past. He said that he wanted to come back to church and start taking the lessons again. But right now he is working on getting a place, so we are struggling with having a place to teach him. He showed up at church though! He was really interested too. I'm excited for him. He told us he wants to be baptized and still wants to be baptized. Apparently he wanted to in the past but since he was living with a woman he couldn't unless they separated living together or got married. We are going to start working with him though.
We also went on exchanges this weekend. It was a rough start. We had miscommunication about the whole exchange and I got frustrated and was really bugged by some things that were happening. But we survived. I had lots of fun with sister Bowen too. We found us a new investigator.
His name is Eduardo (surprising right?), we actually teach him English at Spencer Yachts. He is really nice. We originally were trying to teach a less active (the one we found outside), in his home because the less active's home is being remodeled. Then we called him, we were all good for the lesson. The next day he was super sick and didn't tell us so we showed up at Eduardo's but we had the chance to teach Eduardo a little. He was super scattered the whole lesson but we will have the chance to help him learn more about the gospel. We shared about the book of Mormon and committed him to read the introduction. He said he would. He was so surprised that there is another testament of Christ on the earth. And that Christ visited the people in the Americas.
Church was the highlight of my week! It was INCREDIBLE!!!! =)  
Eduardo and Fernando both received the Aaronic priesthood. They were SO SO happy!!! I was so excited to see them take this step in their lives. Eduardo was ordained first and he had the chance to stand in the circle when Fernando received the priesthood. Afterwards Torin helped Eduardo bless the sacrament. It was really a special experience.
That evening we also went over with the Bruce's and taught them a lesson on the atonement. It was incredible to feel the presence of the priesthood in that home. I could tell a difference from previous lessons and I know it was because they both had the power and authority of the priesthood.
I often forget how blessed I was to have a priesthood holder in my home growing up. I am so grateful, especially this week, for the knowledge of the priesthood and the power that it gives me. I have been blessed all throughout my life with wonderful examples of priesthood holders in my life. Thank you! Especially to my wonderful Dad for always being able to exercise the priesthood and my two brothers, my wonderful brother-in-laws, and also my grandpas. I am grateful for the influence, the comfort, the peace that the priesthood can bring into our lives.
It was a special experience to hear both Eduardo and Fernando testify of the priesthood. They are both learning and growing so much. They are completely different people since the first day I met them and you can tell it is because the spirit of God dwells with them.
I love you all so much.
This week is a week to remember Love. The true love that each of us can feel and is a part of our lives. I am so grateful for each and everyone of you. :)
I am sorry that during this hard week of your lives that I wasn't there. I was there in spirit. I definitely could feel of your love here. It is something different to bare testimony of the plan of salvation, especially now as it is so near and dear to my heart. Know that I know our family is eternal. We will see all of our loved ones again. 
I forgot to bring Grandpa's book with me, but in the back of his book there is a few poems. I read one that he titled memories. 
It made me really reflect on the true meaning of memories, how they were created for us in times of joy and sorrow. To help us learn and grow. I hope you all take a few minutes today or tomorrow to reflect on some memories of Grandpa. He truly is one incredible man. Over the course of reading his life story I have learned so much about this man. He is one that I will never forget. Know that I love him very much, I am grateful for all the sacrifices and good decisions he made so that now my family can continue to be an eternal family. 
I know he will be putting people in our paths that we can influence, that we can share this knowledge with. I have been promised that both of my grandfathers will be putting those who are ready to hear the gospel in my path so that they too can have an eternal family. 
I love you, Happy Valentines Day! 

Las familias pueden ser eternas,
Hermana Gray 

Missionary--someone who leaves their family for a time so others can have their family for eternity.  

I thought this seemed appropriate, also considering that Grandpa was and is one of the greatest missionaries I know. I love you Grandpa! =)








Zone Pictures!



Touching a Jelly Fish



Yes family...a crab is on my hand! :)
I put it on my already scarred hand just in case.  ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment